New Riding Boots????

In the fall of last year I was in need of some boots and finally settled on some Alp M6's, very comfortable right from the box, a little more movement than the T8's and less plastic, perfect for my type of riding and occsional hike. Try several types and brands as the others have said, I ended up selling the first pair of boots I bought of another brand(lost money trying to save a little) and ended up with M6's which I should have bought first.....TW

My girlfriend just bought me some Alpinestars M4s for Xmas and I think they are pretty nice. Seem to be well made compared to my others and a local dealer had them on sale for $129 from $179. Granted they do not have all of the bells and whistles, but they will do for my style of riding. I have heard many positive comments on the Tech 8s, but do not want to fork out that kind of dough.

My girlfriend just bought me some Alpinestars M4s for Xmas and I think they are pretty nice. Seem to be well made compared to my others and a local dealer had them on sale for $129 from $179. Granted they do not have all of the bells and whistles, but they will do for my style of riding. I have heard many positive comments on the Tech 8s, but do not want to fork out that kind of dough.

For the past 2 years, I was wearing $119.00 Thor boots. They are comfortable and good for getting back into the sport. However I have picked up the pace dramatically since then and needed more protection. I just bought a pair of AlpineStars Vector boots.....Man, talk about comfortable, and great protection and support.

and, Yes thumpers I color coordinated with the Blue/Yellow model...he he he....

Bonzai ?

I just bought a set of Tech 8's after listening to all of my riding buddies tell me how awesome they are. I will say they were correct. Spend the money and you will not be disappointed. You can go with cheaper boots but I think you will be replacing them more often. My 2 cent, Eric

I just a about went crazy trying to figure out which boot to buy since I was retiring my 1986 garene's. Yes 1986. I asked the same question and when it all came together I had a pair of tech 6's.

When I first put them on I was thinking I would never get this boots broken in but after a short ride they felt like my 15 year old boots were back on my feet but with much better support, fast breakin period.

Save your money and go with tech 6's.

I just got some AlpineStars Tech 6 boots - Tried Oneal & Fox as well, and the Alpine stars were the best fit... that is what it comes down to, what is comfy for you... remember that you need to try them on with thick socks, and allow that they will be stiff initially...

A lot depends on your budget & riding style also...

Good luck,

David

I've got a pair of Alpinestar Tech 6 Enduros and really like them. Very comfortable right from brand-new, and they seem durable. I especially like the enduro sole. The odd time that you have to push your bike,(or walk away from the wreckage)it's nice not to be slippin' all over the place. Anyone that has ever tried to walk a muddy trail in motocross boots will know what I mean. Just my two cents - P.Z.

When Yamakaze mentioned protection, I thought to myself, "Self...if what I read on the bathroom wall about Yamakaze is correct, not only is a jockstrap and cup a waste of space, but what is he trying to protect...Really???".

If there ain't nothing there "substantial" to protect (unlike myself having gone to a small New England college... :D ) WHAT IS THE POINT???? ?

Ohhhh, Kaz means riding boots...

Just forget I mentioned it...I am sure it's not true...ANYWAYS!!

yeah...right! :D

No, don't think so. Doesn't take much to get the socks wet. As much as my feet sweat in the summer, it doesn't matter anyway. LOL

Originally posted by robman:

John H are the vectors more water proof than the techs 6 or 8 ?

Tech 8s are about your best bet. I've had mine for over a year and a half. I finally wore comepletely through the sole on one boot and nearly completely through on the other. Here's the nice part, went down to Cycle Gear shelled out $18 for the replaceable sole inserts, glued them in, and am off and running again!

p.s. I've used Fox Formas prior to buying the Tech 8s and I can say they were an awesome boot for the $. The difference with the ones I had a couple of years ago was the neoprene (sp) liner was sewn in instead of removeable like the Tech 8s (which doesn't matter to me). I believe Alpinestar makes the top of the line Fox boot.

Try the SIDI 's. Very comfortable, light, feel like they are broken in. I was told the foot section was designed by Nike. A few of my bud's and I have them and really like them. The Garne's, and Tech 6's are good too. Just my 2 cents. Ron S

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: Ron S ]