HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matts06yzf

Almost 100 hours and happy....

5 posts in this topic

took my bike to dealership today to get a good greesing and valvescheck.... I ride the piss out of my 06 yz450f and the valves are still in spec. Everytime I check them I smile. Bike has never had one problem at all except needed to re jet no biggie. I love this bike..... :mad:

I have spent my life from my early teens to now as a gearhead, racer, and a professional mechanic. I remember when motorcycles broke things all the time, and the reliable ones were the ones that broke the least often, I remember that a car with 100,000 miles on it was pretty well finished, and rebuilding engines and drive trains on any kind of vehicle was just normal.

I remember clearly when 10,000 rpm was a phenomenal engine speed achievable only by the most radical racing engines and usually accompanied by a loud bang and a shower of shrapnel at regular intervals. To have seen it progress from that point to where a YZF is now amazes me every single day.

mechanic told me that he did 4 hondas and mine today and all the hondas needed shims with less hours by far...i love my 450

And this is the reason I just purchased an 07 yz450. The valve trains are the most bullet proof among the 450's from my research. I have ridden my buddies 450 (he trades his old one in each year, and gets a new one) every year, and 06' is the one that perked me up. The 5 speed, great valve train, and weight issues improved got me to go for an 07.

Just broke it in today and I am still smiling :mad: