2004 XR650L - how much is it worth?

if someone offered me $2000 for a nice 650L with less than 2,000miles on it, I'd just hang up.

That being said, I would still lowball them, but "trade in" value, is a reflection of what a dealer would offer to pay you for it, which in 99.99% of cases is a "rip off". Offering nearly a thousand dollars below "rip off value" is kind of an insult.

I don't know where you live, but it makes a BIG difference. Here in Southern California, people pay higher prices for bikes. I paid $6200 for my '06 650L out the door, with an extended 4 year warranty (which I get on all my bikes). I know people who paid $6500 OTD without a warranty further South.

I would say a "fair deal" on that bike, would be somewhere between $3000-$3500, depending on how much the visual blemishes bother you.

Start out with "trade it" value, offer him $2800, and he'll probably go "that's the wrong blue book price you looked up", and then you can negotiate from there.

If the bike has an extended warranty for 4 years, and it's 02-3 years old, I'd say that would add another $100-250 to the bike's value. The warranty is typically around $850, but can be had for 50% off in some cases, if you've purchased multiple bikes from the same dealer, etc.

Your screen name combined with your question is interesting. Shouldn't we be asking YOU what it is worth?

KBB tends to be high on values, from what I've heard. Others here are probably much more knowledgable than I, but I would also look at NADA, and use their low retail as a starting point. You can then point out that while the bike is clean, it does have a ding on the tank.

Your screen name combined with your question is interesting. Shouldn't we be asking YOU what it is worth?

KBB tends to be high on values, from what I've heard. Others here are probably much more knowledgable than I, but I would also look at NADA, and use their low retail as a starting point. You can then point out that while the bike is clean, it does have a ding on the tank.

I'M A REAL ESTATE APPRAISER!!!:mad:

I have 10 acres, with a barn, water well, power, etc... Is wooded with oaks, magnolias, pine, etc... Is fenced and gated at each side and has access to both sides from rural roads, Oh it has a small creek that runs through the middle, is in Florida, just west of Tallahassee. I wonder what its worth?:mad:

I also have a 2004 xr650L with 10K miles on it and a lot of non stock parts I wonder what its worth? Oh, no ding in the tank, I also have all the stock parts that came off it.:mad:

Texasappraiser, did you or did you not inquire about a month ago as to the value of a similar year model xr650L?:mad:

From 2000 on these bikes have similar value based on mileage and condition, for example a 2005 model with 12000 miles on it is worth about the same as a 2002 model with 1200 miles on it, $3500 real world, no blue book needed!

As for bad attitude, I have no idea of what your talking about, and saw no attitude in any of the other posts. If you want to ask the same question over and over be prepared to receive a little ribbing! :worthy:

Its probably better if you dont buy that bike, for obvious reasons.:mad:

Go to your local honda shop have someone take a picture of you next to a bike. So you will have something to put in your garage!

Better yet go to the bicycle shop thats probably more your speed anyway.

I wont get upset at your name calling, because names will never hurt me.

Good luck in your pursuit of a bike!