HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bsa441

2 ? XR650R crankcase breather and...

7 posts in this topic

anyone reroute so crank fumes are not part of combustion ? Also when ordering a B53E needle does the needle jet have to be ordered also , or is it the same as stock ? Thanks for replys

The real trick way to do it is to weld a check valve into the header @ 45 degree to flow and run tubing back to the crankcase vent. Vacuum evac. for low $$$.

bump , ... is anyone venting to atmosphere or is being connected to airbox key to this system? There is a one way air checkvalve used on ford pickup emission systems that flattrack racers use to keep crankcase pressure to a minimum , if not a partial vacume.

...when ordering a B53E needle does the needle jet have to be ordered also , or is it the same as stock ? Thanks for replys

It will come with a new needle jet which I'm 99% sure is the same as the stock needle jet.

Bump.

Looking at doing this. I think it's a good idea to get oil vapors out of the combustion mix. Anyone come up with a trick setup?

I have an idea to make a catch can so liquids and vapors are caught but the line is still routed to the airbox so a vacumn is maintained.

Whoa this one was past it's expiration date.

Does your catch can have a filter on it's vent? If so I would plumb it to there.

The air box is really not under much vacuum until you have stuff plumbed between the intake valves and throttle plate.

Vent to atmosphere and call it good. The important parts of the engine in the XRR that benefit from vacuum are from the help of a reed valve in the engine case.