Exhaust choices- 06 450F

Not that the stock exhaust with the PMB end cap that I have is a bad setup, but I think there's a better deal out there. I've got a few choices in mind, and I was just wondering what some of you run and how you like it. Here's what I've got it down to:

Dr. D full system

Big Gun Evo R full system

Thunder Alley/FMF Powerbomb

WB E2/FMF Powerbomb

I know that a lot of people are really happy with the Dr. D and that's kind of the way I'm leaning right now. I had a TA on the 426 and was really happy with that setup though, and I'm considering going that route, maybe even with just the stock header (with dings removed). Anyways, enough chatter... let me know your thoughts.

Hey cowboy, what are you looking for out of a new exhaust? Top end, low end, all around better, quieter? Just curious since it could make a difference as to which system will make you happiest. Also, do you need something with a S/A option?

I just put an FMF Ti Powercore w/ a powerbobmb header on and I like it alot.

Nice power increase, lite weight, great tone, spark arrestor and quiet insert if you want it.

Affordable too!

Is noise a factor or are you looking for best power characteristics?

my choices:

WB Alum Pro 2 full system

DRD Full system

my choices:

DRD Full system

Agreed...I have a DrD on my bike, it was a coin toss between the two and the Dubach won this time.

We went with a Dr.D full stainless system, and we like what it does for the bike. We got it with the sparky kit, which installs or removes by removing the end cap. The muffler is about 4" farther forward at the back end than the stocker, and the fit was good. I did have to file the mid pipe mount hole just a bit to get the bolts to line up, as the muffler mount bolt and the mid pipe bolt were not parallel to each other, but once mounted, it comes on an off easily and with no hassles.

It gave the bottom end power a significant boost that carries up into the upper mid range, and the bike pulls as hard as ever on top. It did NOT put any kind of a "hit" into the power curve, either, and it's still as linear as an electric motor on steroids, and every bit as fast as my '03.

Has anyone tested the GYTR system ?

Rode my Friends 06 with a Dr.D. and I LOVED it. The power was smooth wasnt that loud. This pay day I'm going out and getting one for my bike. Maybe the carbon fiber one.:mad:

I have the TA slip on my '06. My brother has a stock '06 and in back to back rides you can feel the difference the pipe makes. My bike can hold a taller gear through a corner and have more snap for jumps right out of corners.

It does seem to run flat a little quicker on top. I will shift toward the end or straightaways where on his bike i hold the same gear longer. I can't decide if it is because my bike goes flat a little quicker or if it gets up to rpm quicker. It is very little difference on top, but a ton more on bottom and middle.

That is tested by the butt dyno.

I have the big gun evo R and I love it. I adds a little power all over the board. I was impressed with the quality of the construction, it looks really good too! :mad:

Dont forget about the YOSH. It is solid pipe!

Is noise a factor or are you looking for best power characteristics?

my choices:

DRD Full system

I'm mostly looking for good power characteristics and a sparky, so the WB Alum Pro system is out (as far as I know it doesn't have a sparky anyways). It seems like a lot of folks are really happy with the Dr. D and that's how I'll probably end up going... as soon as I scrape up the dough that is.

I'm mostly looking for good power characteristics and a sparky, so the WB Alum Pro system is out (as far as I know it doesn't have a sparky anyways). It seems like a lot of folks are really happy with the Dr. D and that's how I'll probably end up going... as soon as I scrape up the dough that is.

Dr.D dosnt cost that much as other systems. At http://www.motosport.com/index.jsp it is only 459.99 for the whole system. You might find it cheaper on e-bay to.

Cowboy, I think the DR. D is perfect for you. It gives great low end and revs all the way through. The sparky is very easy to get in and out and its not too loud. I bought a FMF Factory 4.1 Carbon and sold the Dr. D to my brother. I like the feel of the power much better on his bike. I got the 4.1 only for looks :mad: . Its too loud and I cant run the sparky and the quiet core together on the FMF, that sux. I am gonna look for a super quiet system for public lands. I kinda wish I would have just kept the Dr. D. Live and learn I guess. :mad:

For you guys running the Dr. D, any problems with melted pants? I'm trying to find a guard for the pipe to eliminate the problem, if anyone knows of one please let me know!

It's never an issue with either my '03/FMF Ti4-Powerbomb or the '06/Dr.D SS your leg just really isn't ever that close to it.

Cowboy, I think the DR. D is perfect for you. It gives great low end and revs all the way through. The sparky is very easy to get in and out and its not too loud. I bought a FMF Factory 4.1 Carbon and sold the Dr. D to my brother. I like the feel of the power much better on his bike. I got the 4.1 only for looks :mad: . Its too loud and I cant run the sparky and the quiet core together on the FMF, that sux. I am gonna look for a super quiet system for public lands. I kinda wish I would have just kept the Dr. D. Live and learn I guess. :mad:

FMF have end caps you can buy for a lame sparky.

The best price by far is at motofrugals.com for the Dr. D stuff. $399.00 for the aluminum SA Race System. :mad:

I already found that one Thumparoo, but thanks. I just need to decide what needs piped worse now... my sled or my bike :mad:

Your bike. :mad: :mad: