HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
byggd

FMF factory 4 spark arrestor?

4 posts in this topic

My son just picked up a 04 yz450. It has a factory 4 system on it including the power bomb header. The guy he got it from rides mostly desert so he wasn’t concerned with noise or a spark arrestor but personally I feel the bike it too loud. My son wants to go ridding with me and I ride where both spark arrestor and sound db are enforced. Is there something I can do to the exhaust to quiet it down a bit and make it USFS approved?

I'm not sure how loud you can be, but...

I have the powerbomb header and Titanium 4 muffler (titanium version of the factory 4). The BRC sound tested me last weekend and I was at 98.5 dB with the quiet core and fresh packing.

On another note, my wifes 250F checked in at 92 dB. Its equipted with a FMF Q2 muffler.

Thanks for the info! I was looking at the FMF website but no pictures are available for the insert or spark arrestor so I wasn’t sure they were the right style….maybe I’ll give FMF a call just to make sure. I think I’ll start with the spark arrestor and fresh packing before spending the $$ in the insert and see how it sounds.