HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turbowhine

Muffler swap: '00 XRR to a '94 XRL- possible???

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to go back to a stock muffler on my '94 XR650L, a dude offered his stock muffler from an '00 XR650R, do you think they are similar or would fit? He lives a ways a way and I can't compare the two in person.:mad:

Shame on you, your supposed to go aftermarket!

But yes the R muffler should fit, though if still corked (baffled) get ready to say "why did I do that"

If noise is the reason, I plan on removing my FMF powercore4 (its loud) and trying the ProCircuit 496 muffler it is probably (correct me if I am wrong) the quietest aftermarket muffler.

Yeah, I'm thinking you're right. A quiet muffler would be nice- I was thinking I could get a stock one for cheap. One of the main reasons I want to switch is the guy who had the bike before me put on a Cobra ATV can that doesn't fit properly and is burning/melting the rear fender.

Any other suggestions on quiet pipes?

Shame on you, your supposed to go aftermarket!

But yes the R muffler should fit, though if still corked (baffled) get ready to say "why did I do that"

If noise is the reason, I plan on removing my FMF powercore4 (its loud) and trying the ProCircuit 496 muffler it is probably (correct me if I am wrong) the quietest aftermarket muffler.

Absolutely NOT the stock muffler from an R will NOT fit an L, I repeat will NOT fit an L, and by the wa what are you willing to pay for a cherry stock L muffler:confused:

Okay i got called on my last post, I though it might be close enough!

My apologies, I am looking at three different pipes now, I have a FMF powercore4 too loud. options are FMF Q2, ProCircuit type 496, and the xrs only piece with the additional baffle. I am leaning towards the type496 at this time.