Muffler swap: '00 XRR to a '94 XRL- possible???

I'm trying to go back to a stock muffler on my '94 XR650L, a dude offered his stock muffler from an '00 XR650R, do you think they are similar or would fit? He lives a ways a way and I can't compare the two in person.:mad:

Shame on you, your supposed to go aftermarket!

But yes the R muffler should fit, though if still corked (baffled) get ready to say "why did I do that"

If noise is the reason, I plan on removing my FMF powercore4 (its loud) and trying the ProCircuit 496 muffler it is probably (correct me if I am wrong) the quietest aftermarket muffler.

Yeah, I'm thinking you're right. A quiet muffler would be nice- I was thinking I could get a stock one for cheap. One of the main reasons I want to switch is the guy who had the bike before me put on a Cobra ATV can that doesn't fit properly and is burning/melting the rear fender.

Any other suggestions on quiet pipes?

Shame on you, your supposed to go aftermarket!

But yes the R muffler should fit, though if still corked (baffled) get ready to say "why did I do that"

If noise is the reason, I plan on removing my FMF powercore4 (its loud) and trying the ProCircuit 496 muffler it is probably (correct me if I am wrong) the quietest aftermarket muffler.

Absolutely NOT the stock muffler from an R will NOT fit an L, I repeat will NOT fit an L, and by the wa what are you willing to pay for a cherry stock L muffler:confused:

It won't just bolt on, but between a torch and a mig welder, anything will fit!

Dave

Okay i got called on my last post, I though it might be close enough!

My apologies, I am looking at three different pipes now, I have a FMF powercore4 too loud. options are FMF Q2, ProCircuit type 496, and the xrs only piece with the additional baffle. I am leaning towards the type496 at this time.