Need some help..

Hi guys, I just score a good low miles 2002 street license xr650r with plenty of goodies added already. I have a few questions below;

1. How could I tell from just looking if HRC kit is already installed? Can you read part number on the side of the manifold?

2. Is 2002 model have the revised clutch bushing?

3. For 250 lbs guy, would you recommend to buy the springs both front and back to avoid tank slap and any recommended spring rate?

Thanks,

XR

Hi guys, I just score a good low miles 2002 street license xr650r with plenty of goodies added already. I have a few questions below;

1. How could I tell from just looking if HRC kit is already installed? Can you read part number on the side of the manifold?

2. Is 2002 model have the revised clutch bushing?

3. For 250 lbs guy, would you recommend to buy the springs both front and back to avoid tank slap and any recommended spring rate?

Thanks,

XR

If the exhaust opening is the size of a dime it's likely still corked up. Pull off the airbox cover and see if there are two rectangular-ish holes above the filter. If not, the restrictors are still there. I'm 210 lbs and bought Race Tech progressive springs. The rear spring is stock and seems ok for me. Take a look at your thermostat. If you're planning on riding tight stuff replace it. Mine locked open with only 85 km on the odo. Bike boiled over. New SRC thermo enroute. Oh. I also changed my fork oil to 5 wt.