acerbis tank

anyone have any pics of the 6 gal tank mounted on a BRP? Im thinkin of getting one, sure would like to see one in person or at least some pics. It would be nice to pass by some fill up stops, but I dont want to make my baby ugly! thanx

Hey that's my XR from the TransAm Trail Ride! :mad:

This from a ride I just did in Mexico. This is a a remote area south of Agua Prieta near Colonia Morelos in Sonora.

020.jpg

Hey, thanks for the pics and info. Really informative shots and info. Im sure you love your LD haulers. The ability to go 200 plus really speaks to me, but I just cant change her lines as radical as your very good shots show.

Hey that's my XR from the TransAm Trail Ride! :mad:

I'm just a fan :mad:

4.3 clarke on mine and I am wondering what that will do to me on the western TAT (no I am not dragging a Husky along that will be begging for gas every 50 miles).

How is the install of this Acerbis tank? And overall opinion on it, fit etc?

anyone have any pics of the 6 gal tank mounted on a BRP? Im thinkin of getting one, sure would like to see one in person or at least some pics. It would be nice to pass by some fill up stops, but I dont want to make my baby ugly! thanx

I have a clear one that im going to sell, send me a PM if you're interested!! used it 2 times, for a total of 200 miles... So it's like new!

Although range is awesome, riding the exxon valdez leaves a lot to be desired. I noticed no one said how the 6 gallon tank (does it really hold 6, and how do you get to the last of the reserve) effects the handling of the bike when full or close to it?

Although range is awesome, riding the exxon valdez leaves a lot to be desired. I noticed no one said how the 6 gallon tank (does it really hold 6, and how do you get to the last of the reserve) effects the handling of the bike when full or close to it?

I think that's irrelevant. Just don't fill it up unless you need the juice. And if it's not full, the handling should be better than stock with the gas lower down than in that mini-tank that Honda included. I bet in the big picture, the rider's weight matters much more than the extra fuel.

I used to have a '84 XT 600 Tenere with a 30 liter (about 8 gal) tank that was much higher up in terms of center of gravity - didn't really mean much, since I rarely put more than 12 liter into it unless I was heading into the unknown.

Yes, it hold more than 6 gallons, and there's NOTHING in the tank when you're dry. It has two petcocks to serve as a crossover between halves. When you decide you NEED 6+ gallons, the handling isn't as important as the weight penalty. What sucks is running out of gas 60 miles east of Denio Junction, NV. It takes a long time to walk 60 miles.

I use a 4.6 gallon IMS when I don't need the range, and enjoy the slight improvement in the front end feel, but it isn't that much of an issue when you have the bike set up properly to handle it.

So the bottom line is, if you don't need it, don't buy it.

gaspipe has it right... dont need it dont buy it. I run a 4.6 IMS whenever I need extra range on "cruiser" road/trails. Whenever things get technical or balls to the wall I stick with the stocker. An IMS 3.2 would be a nice stocker replacement but why pay $$$ for something that doesn't give anything back besides bling? Love the 4.6 tho :mad: