HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdavid

needed; clutch diagnosis

5 posts in this topic

Mates,

During a really hard ride my 2005 WR450 clutch lever would periodically not engage. A few minutes later it worked fine only to be followed by further difficulty pulling in the clutch lever. Does anyone have any ideas and/or solutions? This is the first time I have run into any difficulty with the clutch.

Thanks for the help!

Does it ever work normal? Did you check the cable for fraying and wear? If that's good, an oil change could help. Otherwise, it's clutch time.

the clutch works fine now. the bike doesnt have a great number of hours on it and i doubt the clutch is toast. i was wondering what are the causes of a lever not able to be pulled in freely? the cable is not frayed either.

If your lever free play is not adjusted properly, all kinds of funny stuff can happen. Double check the lever free play and change your oil too. :mad: