HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toothmech

Oil Pickup Question-

1 post in this topic

I have studied the diagram in the manual concerning the oil pickup in the bottom of the crankcase, and still can't completely figure it out, so I was hoping that someone could help me with a problem. A small piece (2 x 4mm) of the inside of the right crankcase cover broke out near the back of where the oil line on the right side bolts into the cover, and although I think I got all the pieces of aluminum out of the bottom of the case, there may still be a small piece in there. My question is if there is in fact a piece in there, will it get pulled up into the tranny gears and do a ton of damage, or can I bolt things back together and not worry too much. I pulled the right side cover to fix it, sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner into the bottom of the case, and let it drain out of the two drain holes. I didn't get anything else, and I've tried looking in there, but I can't see anything. I would appreciate any other suggestions for finding this piece, or at least an idea of how the oil moves, so I can make a better decision. Thanks in advance!