whats the better choice wr450 or 450XC

hey anybody know what would be a better choice for harescrables races, but some motocross riding here and there. ive been looking at the 07 wr450 and the 07xc450. i ride a yz450f now and love it but to hard to ride for harescrables. no electric start and dies when going to slow.

when you get into a real difficult technical area and you have to go slow.

I spoke with a yamaha rep at the biketoberfest in daytona and he works in the service technical area for corprate. he wrote down for things that can be done to uncork the bike and make it almost as fast as a yz without spending more than 20 bucks. i learned a great deal from this guy and i think i going with the wr450 06 especially at 4700 otd.

when you get into a real difficult technical area and you have to go slow.

I spoke with a yamaha rep at the biketoberfest in daytona and he works in the service technical area for corprate. he wrote down for things that can be done to uncork the bike and make it almost as fast as a yz without spending more than 20 bucks. i learned a great deal from this guy and i think i going with the wr450 06 especially at 4700 otd.

Share it with us.

Share it with us.

Im thinking JB welding the AIS holes, running the stock pipe without an insert, airbox and maybe a bigger pilot jet. Shimming the stock needle instead of getting the YZf or JD needle. Thottle stop and gray wire can be cut for free . Yeah, if you want to do that on the cheap I suppose you can bring the beast out with only $20. It still won't run like a YZf. You need the hotter exhaust cam to do that:prof:

hey anybody know what would be a better choice for harescrables races, but some motocross riding here and there. ive been looking at the 07 wr450 and the 07xc450. i ride a yz450f now and love it but to hard to ride for harescrables. no electric start and dies when going to slow.

Why not a KTM 450sx-f? Electric start and light weight!!!!!!

I love my wr, but I wouldn't switch from a yz450 to a wr450 unless I got a really good deal.

add a flywheel weight. You will still be 40lbs lighter.

as far as estart goes, it is nice, great in fact. But my wr is pretty easy to kick start. Just don't stall on a hill. If you do, you may have to coast back down and then go back up. Sometimes, I am able to use estart while on the hill and continue. But that's only if I can pick up the beast.

Nonetheless, you can probably more easily make your yz function like a wr than the other way around.