HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwnlowx

2001 yz250 2 stroke forks on a 2004 yz450f is a revalve needed

6 posts in this topic

my forks are leaking on my 450 and i have some 2001 yz250 2 stroke forks with a fresh revlave im wondering if i can put them on the 450. i know they are the smae forks but are they differnt valving for 2 stroke or what i have know clue any info helps

No, they changed to a 48mm fork in '04 so they won't fit in your clamps. If you have your clamps off of the 250 they will fit in the 450 steering head on the frame.

No, they changed to a 48mm fork in '04 so they won't fit in your clamps. If you have your clamps off of the 250 they will fit in the 450 steering head on the frame.

The triple clamp should be the same but the 2 stroke bike is 20+ pounds lighter than the 4 stroke so a revalve should be in order.

my forks are leaking on my 450 and i have some 2001 yz250 2 stroke forks with a fresh revlave im wondering if i can put them on the 450. i know they are the smae forks but are they differnt valving for 2 stroke or what i have know clue any info helps[/quote

Not only are the 04 forks larger in diameter but the internals are much better than the older forks. I doubt you would be happy with the switch no matter how well the 01 forks are valved.

cool i researched a little teh clampsare different is it possible to put 06 forks on a 04

Probably, yes, if you use the '06 clamps. You may find a difference in the stem length, or the bearing diameters.