shes done!!!

Nope, it's an L and nice one at that. There's the ever magical e-start button that seperates the R's from the L's.

Looks like an older R with an L motor transplant... first pic doesnt have the e-start on it.... Bike is SWEET either way :devil:

Nope, it's an L and nice one at that. There's the ever magical e-start button that seperates the R's from the L's.

Actually it's not an L and it's not a motor tranplant. NH4 is honda code for HRC engine. (http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/torbreck2/IMG_3971.jpg)

The bike is the last XR600R sold in Australia - a 2000 model. Registered for the road. I am 6-4, pissed off with Honda and so built what I wanted Honda to build me from the factory.

It has the following modifications: (from a stock XR600R)

HRC engine kit bumping cc to 628 and power up substantially. The HRC stuff is sensational and really opens up the XR600R motor. (which I have only put a 1000km on - I dont ride much).

Runs a 3-3.5 oil capacity (motul) with a setrab cooler/XRP race lines from Precision concepts in California. This was a must have for the HRC engine increases heat quite a lot. (Believe it or not it runs much much cooled than my water cooled CRF450R)

The worlds first genuine electric start kit on an XR600/HRC628. Thorough research showed it could be done and it's not that difficult - all with OEM Honda parts.In line with my theory of only using Honda off the shelf parts I used all XR650L parts where necessary - starting switches, wires and solenoids are all XR650L. Most importantly I wanted to retain my XR600R flwyheel and stator which I did easily. Fiting the estart meant using the 650L CDI which triggers at much lower voltage than the 600R. (found this out after much trial and error)

Retained the XR600R electrical generation but was boosted from 80 watts to 250watts. Both stock DC and AC circuits have been beefed up and the battery gets managed by the XR650L regulator which is better than the XR600R stock unit. (it's made for 3 phase which my bike obviously doesnt have)

A GPS is also powered off the bikes bolstred DC power. Head and tail light run off the original AC power. (which has been boosted).

A Yuasa YTZ7 battery resides under the seat sitting east west on top of my airbox. Importantly the flow of air into the rear of the box was not disturbed. An XR600R powerup light kit was added to a XR650R headlight shroud so the bike thows a massive beam of light for safe night riding. (headlight is powered off the standard XR600 AC power which has been boosted).

Burned suggsted the side panel vents and so they were cut in to give more air to the big 41mm FCRMX. This thing boogies!!! The FCRMX41mm bolted right on.

The XR600R flywheel has been gutted to about half weight for more responsiveness.

FCRMX41mm Keihin with ACV, choke and hot start. Jetting courtsey of Burned.

Staintune open exhaust full system. (aussie made and just awesome)

IMS 18 litre tank and pro pegs.

The front suspension is all OEM 2005 CRF450R - no X stuff here!!. 2005 year forks, 2005 brand new brakes and triples, hub. Braking oversize disk and lightspeed and cycra protectors. For the rear I have a eibach shock revalved for my bikes new wet weight of about 140-150kg. The suspension is awesome and the steering is laser guided. A 650R front guard was also fitted and trimmed. Black excels finish off the wheels.

A BRP submount and protaper bars are fitted with new renthal kevlar grips and a garmin GPS 276C. CRF450R throttle cables and works connection tube handle power duties. CRF450R front master cyclinder is bolted to the ADR CRF450X braided line. A works connection elite clutch lever does the clutching duties. This has lead to a major reduction in control effort which the XR600 used to have. The throttle pull is now paper light.

As I cant stand the soft stock XR600 seat and wanted a newer looking XR600R I sourced the last ceet hard seat foam in Australia and bought an entire XR650L seat which I pulled apart and then removed the cover and installed it over the ceet hard seat foam. (that is why it looks like a 650L)

Factory effex handles all the graphics. As a testament to the last of the big XRs I used the stock 2000 model XR600 graphics on my IMS tank. (the IMS has been modified for extra airflow to the motor)

Whipps XR650L bash plate does the protection duties which I swiss cheesed so that the bike would clear air and mud.

Renthal sprocket - 14/46 power it along on a DID chain. Dunlop D606 tyres allow the power to the ground.

The only non genuine/ non intentioned Honda part is the thumper talk DRZ450 side stand. When I saw these I had to have one and Brian kindly released on of his last ones in stock to be. Guess was - it bolted straight on!!! No mods - stock XR600 spring and some loctite on the bolt - 2min job.

Anyway the goal was to build what Honda should have built years ago. They have the capability to build sensational bikes. It all comes back to imagination.

I knew it was an R:p

Very nice, NOW HOW DO THE FORKS WORK? WHAT SETUP DID YOU HACE TO DO?:devil:

Still testing but the CRF forks are a perfect swap. I am using stock everything - stock CRF450R 2005.

They just give the bike that fluid feel when you land - no harshness or clanging. Plus the steering is ridiculous - you just ride right through things and keep on going.

I strongly suggest a CRF fork on any XR.

I knew it was a labor of love when I saw the pictures, but did not realize it was a love/ hate relationship (loved the bike- hated honda for not building what you wanted) Absolutely fantastic job I really appreciate all the info.

Guys this goes to show what the bike of the future will be for purists, we are gonna have to build our own versions of what we want, cause Honda is not going to, and the chinese sure do not have the insight or the idea of quality that we need in our bikes. So let this be a prime example.

I DUBB THEE "BIKE OF THE FUTURE" get ready to see more like this!!!!

:devil:? :thumbsdn: :excuseme:? :cry: ? :cry: ?