Clutch Cover

Working on my 04 YZF450 tonight I found a hole on my clutch cover from were my boots have been rubing. Any recommendations on what type of clutch cover to replace the stock one. Race HS races with the bike. Guess I will have to get some JB BOND (not sure if that is the correct name) to put on there for the race this weekend.

The Hinson cover is the nicest in my opinion.... but they don't come cheap. Boyesen makes a good one for a reasonable price and it looks pretty good too

http://www.btosports.com/p/BYFCC

I would go with a boyesen one personally. I had a rock crack my clutch cover on a bike a cople years ago and I bought a boyesen one. I have run boyesen clutch covers on a couple bikes and I really like them. For the money it is the best you can buy I feel. It is much stronger than stock.

The Hinson cover is the nicest in my opinion.... but they don't come cheap. Boyesen makes a good one for a reasonable price and it looks pretty good too

http://www.btosports.com/p/BYFCC

My vote as well.

SFB covers are the strongest.I have Hinson covers on my bikes and they are nice.The boyesen ones will work also.

SFB covers are the strongest.I have Hinson covers on my bikes and they are nice.The boyesen ones will work also.

They are trick looking covers too... trouble is that everyone I see at the track has the anodizing worn off from the boots.

Yamaha's GYT-R cover is also much tougher than stock, and considerably less money than Hinson.

Yamaha's GYT-R cover is also much tougher than stock, and considerably less money than Hinson.

agreed....hinson is 199.00 I just added it to my full hinson clutch. It is slightly larger/thicker than stock....looks trick,,,,but so do all the others

I have a used 03 clutch cover for sale if anyone wants it.....pm me

:devil:

Got one on my Yammie and I lurve it....looks sweet little heavier little thicker and I found it for about 85 bucks a little while ago

Aren't all GYT-R clutch components made by Hinson?

Yeppers.

does the hinson outer coating get worn off from your boots?

Does the GYT-R?

Thanks......It would be nice to have a outer coating that looks fresh all year

Aren't all GYT-R clutch components made by Hinson?
At one time they were. I've been informed here that that's no longer the case, however. Even so, they are an excellent value.