Splitting cases????

I plan to rebuild my 84 XL600R motor this winter and I am going with wiesco 1mm over piston & rings, hotrods rod kit, new crank bearings, full gasket & seals kit, stainless steel valves, springs, cam, new cam chain & tensioner, Barnett dirt digger clutch kit. my question is do I need a press to seperate the motor cases from the crank bearings? I know I'll have to send my rod kit in to have it installed on the crank as well as having my cylinder bored out to match the new piston.

Thanx in advance,

Bill

I plan to rebuild my 84 XL600R motor this winter and I am going with wiesco 1mm over piston & rings, hotrods rod kit, new crank bearings, full gasket & seals kit, stainless steel valves, springs, cam, new cam chain & tensioner, Barnett dirt digger clutch kit. my question is do I need a press to seperate the motor cases from the crank bearings? I know I'll have to send my rod kit in to have it installed on the crank as well as having my cylinder bored out to match the new piston.

Thanx in advance,

Bill

It is possible that you may need to press the crank off the bearing. I didn't nned to on my 93 XR600. Everything just came apart a little easier than I felt was right. While I was scraping the gasket material off the crank just fell out.

When you have it apart, take a good look at the tranny gears, etc.

Oh definitely! I dont want to open it up again for awhile after I rebuild this!!!!

Bill

Go with the OEM clutch. The Barnett clutch isnt as good believe it or not.

Go with the OEM clutch. The Barnett clutch isnt as good believe it or not.

Well I am gonna use what I have on hand, I dont want to spend more money on things I already own or have. It would be wasteful.

Bill