07 Ride Report

Hi,

I just got back from the track and the 07 is awesome.

The motor is a cross between the 04 and the 06.

the 06 motor was like a Golden Retriever

The 07 motor is more like a cross between a Jack Russell Tarrier and a Golden Retriever.

In moto speak its more zingy (more free revving) more wheel spining but not alot.

It's like they fixed the 10% that was wrong with the bike, Initially I was a little concerned with the performance but I disconnected the TPS and changed the fuel screw, the main jet and the pipe and was good to go.

It turned better, I had the suspension done by http://www.enzoracing.com/ and also changed the tires.

By the end of he day I was hanging with a 40+ Pro not bad for the first day on the bike.

That was a crap ride report! lol.... Come on tell us details!!!! :devil:

Hi,

I just got back from the track and the 07 is awesome.

The motor is a cross between the 04 and the 06.

the 06 motor was like a Golden Retriever

The 07 motor is more like a cross between a Jack Russell Tarrier and a Golden Retriever.

In moto speak its more zingy (more free revving) more wheel spining but not alot.

It's like they fixed the 10% that was wrong with the bike, Initially I was a little concerned with the performance but I disconnected the TPS and changed the fuel screw, the main jet and the pipe and was good to go.

It turned better, I had the suspension done by http://www.enzoracing.com/ and also changed the tires.

By the end of he day I was hanging with a 40+ Pro not bad for the first day on the bike.

How about some more details on the ENZO suspension. I'm debating on sending my stuff to Ross. Thanks!

Why disconnect the TPS?

How about some more details on the ENZO suspension. I'm debating on sending my stuff to Ross. Thanks!

The suspension is almost unchanged from last year the internals are the same but the upper fork tubes are lighter and the top triple clamp is much more narrow and the 06 front number plate does not fit that well.

The fork works awesome, I'm not sure what I could do to make it better, I swapped my ti nitride sliders off my 06 to the 07 stuff, they have to break in but they are already great. Really plush on the braking bumps and never bottom out.

The shock is great also, Enzo finally got the works bottom out bumper in which really makes a difference, the stocker is too soft and not as progressive as the works bumper.

Ross, Will and Craig are at the testing that they do for Yamaha of Troy so they learn what works for the factory guys which they give to us for a fee of course, I've used them since 02 and they are great, all my friends go there.

Why disconnect the TPS?

It allows the bike full ignition advance at lower rpms which gives the bike more bottom end.

The working theorey is that it is that way so the bike does not ping at lower RPMS

The actual function of the TPS is to provide MORE advance at part throttle, as in cruising or other part throttle operation. It has no particular effect on full throttle operation in most cases because the CDI assumes that the low TPS voltage (any voltage below a set level, likely .5 V ) indicates full throttle, and maps accordingly.

The actual function of the TPS is to provide MORE advance at part throttle, as in cruising or other part throttle operation. It has no particular effect on full throttle operation in most cases because the CDI assumes that the low TPS voltage (any voltage below a set level, likely .5 V ) indicates full throttle, and maps accordingly.

Regard less it made the bike run better, you shoud try it Gray and give us a ride report.

It allows the bike full ignition advance at lower rpms which gives the bike more bottom end.

The working theorey is that it is that way so the bike does not ping at lower RPMS

Your 2007 pings at low RPMS when the TPS is connected?

I've never noticed this on my 06.