HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stroker101

masterlink

8 posts in this topic

hey guy's,

i bought a renthal chain and the masterlink that came with it is not "gold" in color like the chain. would it be ok to use a "gold" link off of some of the chain that had to be removed so the length would be correct?

i was going to do this but thought i had better get your input on this first. thanks :devil:

Are you saying that the master link that came with the chain has pins that are too short? Or you just don't like the color?

You could use the correct master link that came with the chain and put the clip part of the master link on the inside of the chain facing the wheel so it looks purty.

thanks for the replies. i had thought about turning it so the clip would be to the inside. i wonder why renthal didn't just make both sides "gold" in color.

however, would it be safe to use one of the side links off the chain that i removed?

thanks for the replies. i had thought about turning it so the clip would be to the inside. i wonder why renthal didn't just make both sides "gold" in color.

however, would it be safe to use one of the side links off the chain that i removed?

Renthal most likely didn't color the master links so that they only have one choice of master link to stock, instead of several part #'s.

I would not reccommend using old chain parts on your new chain, it's like putting 4 qts of new oil in your car, and 1 old quart. You took that chain off for a reason, right? It's shot.