HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NuckingFuts

Looking for pic of battery in airbox (WR426's)

11 posts in this topic

I can't believe that a battery will fit in the airbox w/o squashing the filter. I would love to see a pic of how someone mounted it.:devil:

Anyone?

What battery are you trying to use? It's an 02 so no e-start. Why don't you use a BD or a TDS battery? They can mount almost anyplace.

Probably looking to fit a battery to keep the lights on with the motor not running? Street legal? Mine has a batt. MUCH smaller than the one pictured. Doesn't impede with removing the filter. I'll try and post a pic later this evening.

Birdy, that battery is tiny. Where did you get it? Ive looked at local auto shops and they dont have anything close to that small. The m/c shop down the street wants $50 for a battery that's about that size but twice as thick.

BTW, thanks for the pics.

NuckingFuts-

Came from Frye's Electroics in beeeuuutiful downtown Burbank. cost about 9 bucks, if I remember right.

Go to a Batteries Plus or other battery specialty store. They stock small 12V sealed batteries. I mounted mine and all the electronics behind the WR number plate.