Anybody got a 2007 WR yet

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now all I want is a damn exhaust and header but I don't see much advertised for the 2007 version.

Anybody know of a good exhaust system that will fit this bike???

I picked mine (2007 WR450) up about 2 weeks ago and it is SWEET! The choked up part sucks, though. I am in the process of doing the AIS Removal and adding the larger pilot jet, adjustable air/fuel screw, and adjustable needle. I uncorked the stock exhaust a bit by drilling out the small baffle.

I am battling a "off idle bog" that I have had since the bike was new. I have only added the YZ throttle stop and the bog happens just off idle. You start to accelerate, it bogs, then wham, it goes like stink. I am hoping the AIS Removal with larger pilot will help the bog.

I have an FMF Slip on on order and hope to have it by Christmas, but they were on backorder/not in production. It needs a pipe, BADLY.

I would post pictures, but I need to read the FAQ in order to learn how.

:devil: Just picked my wr 450 up, wayhey.

Am I the first in the uk?

Got some pics but dont know how to post em.?

Take it easy

Hey 9R117, is this your 1st wr: the reason I'm asking is the their is another thread posted I think earlier... asking if the new wr fender will fit the 05 wr

450, I used to have an 05 wr450 and do like the new look of the new fender.

Just curious.

Congrats on the new WR

Yeah, its my first WR.

Dont know if the fender will fit, sorry.

Are you supposed to get a toolkit or spares kit with the bike? All I got was a manual, some jets, plug spanner and a spark plug key. I know you get a spares kit with CRF's and RMZ mx bikes, is it a Yamaha thing or is it just because its an enduro bike.?

Take it easy

9R117

The mechanic in the shop must have cut the throttle screw down. He also removed the baffle from the exhaust but didnt re-jet the carb, I had to do that yesterday.

I was going to leave it restricted until I got the AIS removalkit with the proper screw for the throttle stop.

Take it easy

9R117

To the bro in Italy. Look on the posts in here, they will get you in the ballpark for jetting. A 175 main jet is way too rich. If you have the mods done-gray wire cut, air box opened, throttle stop replaced with wz throttle stop or 12mm cut off and small baffle removed out of muff. You should be pretty close.In the states they have 165 main and 45 pilot jet, which is pretty close. If you go to a better exhaust try some of the jetting in the wr modifications on this web site. good luck and have fun.

Does she have a Sister? Oh wait I'm already married, never mind.

Where do you live in Ontario?

Not far from Ottawa. It's been real mild this year. But things look back to normal, it's 20F with snow at the moment. That picture was taken by my folks when they were sneaking them into the house, Christmas eve I think. They had them hidden in a spare room all covered up to mask the new bike smell. My wife even re-caulked the bathroom tub in the room next door because she was worried I'd smell them.

She doesn't miss a trick.?

Rob