Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mexihonkey

Wheels and Tank question

3 posts in this topic

I just got a '01 650r and was wondering:

1) I have a spare wheel set for my 04 CRF450r (I run an 18" rear) - Obviously the front won't fit but will the rear fit my 650?

2) I need to order a tank and don't really know the fuel range of this beast. Is the 4 gallon overkill for dez racing (only using this in the bitd series) or is the 3.2 good enough? I have never had a problem with the 3.2 on my 450, I can get just over 80 miles at race pace and just over 100 puttn' around.

Thanks in advance.

I just got a '01 650r and was wondering:

1) I have a spare wheel set for my 04 CRF450r (I run an 18" rear) - Obviously the front won't fit but will the rear fit my 650?

2) I need to order a tank and don't really know the fuel range of this beast. Is the 4 gallon overkill for dez racing (only using this in the bitd series) or is the 3.2 good enough? I have never had a problem with the 3.2 on my 450, I can get just over 80 miles at race pace and just over 100 puttn' around.

Thanks in advance.

1) No, it won't fit

2) The 3.4 gal will give you around 70-80 miles at the most on race pace, the 4gal will give you around 100-105 mile at race pace, if only racing BITD go with the smaller tank, if you plan on baja, get the big one, gas is precious in baja :devil::thumbsdn:

I called IMS with the same type of question. The IMS 3.2 is very, very close to stock size. The 4.6 is plus 1.4 gallons. I get about 65 miles on the stock and 100 on the 4.6 All things being relative I would assume you would get better distance the I. Check and see what kind of milage you get, mile per gallon not miles per tank, and do the math.