Countershaft Nut Stuck

I have an 03 YZ450 and want to put a new front sprocket on. Problem is I cannot get the damn nut off. I assume (probably my first mistake) that it is not reverse threaded. I also assume that it is probably a bad place to apply heat. I've tried all I know to do. You guys have any ideas?

The nut is a normal, right hand thread. If you don't have access to an impact wrench, try putting the bike in a higher gear with the chain still on, and place a piece of wood or a hammer handle across the swing arm through the wheel spokes, as close to the rim as possible. Then crank away with a good fitting socket on a long breaker bar.

I put my foot on the rear brake as well

Damn you are much more flexible than I am! :devil: Good idea - I have done that as well. I usually have my son or wife stand on the brakes and jam a wrench wrapped with a rag between the chain and sprocket. I would be very leary about torquing it in gear. Just me.

Thanks guys, I had my son standing on the brake and had it in gear, with a breaker bar on the socket wrench and it still would eventually push the sprocket forward. I'll give a go with some of your suggestions.

You did push the lock washer down didn't you?