EBC brake rotors. Any good?

I'm replacing the stock front/rear brake rotors. Are EBC rotors any good?

XR650r

I've got the EBC big rotor kit on my XR650R. It was definitely an improvement over stock (but still not enough for stupid fast street riding). I'm quite hard on it. I've run two other EBC rotors--on a street bike (front/rear)--with zero issues.

The big EBC front rotor is maybe not quite as reliable as stock--I'm thinking floater buttons here, not the braking surface--but I still expect years of service. The standard EBC front replacement is likely non-floating, so there'd be no buttons to worry about. I see little reason to spend the extra $$ on OEM.

just $0.02

FYI. I replaced both my front and rear disks with the EBC brand. The rear is a perfect match.

The front fit good but didn't allow for the black "dust cover" to be reinstalled over the hub. Is this a problem?

The big EBC front rotor is maybe not quite as reliable as stock--I'm thinking floater buttons here, not the braking surface--but I still expect years of service.

FWIW, I have over 10,000 dirt miles on the EBC 280mm disc, and it's doing just fine. I bent my rear rotor somewhere in Nevada or Oregon this summer, and replaced it with a Braking wave rotor.

I am running a 320 EBC on my 650R motard. Good price, good quality, no issues in 2 years.

Will probably go to a 280 on my factory front rim when I switch out my motard rims this month for factory rims and DS tires, for winter riding. EBC will be my first choice.

EBC rotors are not as fancy-schmancy as some other aftermarket suppliers but they're not as expensive either. Works for me.

Floating rotors are a good thing. I have never heard of "floater buttons" being a problem. They work better when they loosen up some. Longer pad life, less drag, less heat.....all good!

123%20(2).JPG

If you're going to replace the rotors anyway I'd go the extra 10% or so in cost and upsize to a 280 in front.

My two cents.