HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123BigcoopDawg576

06 WR450 and a Race

7 posts in this topic

so yesterday i did my first harscramble on my bike. i had a15/50 gearing, free mods, and a sub mount gpr with pro taper bars and suspension done to my weight. this is all i have done to the bike and let me tell you what this bike is a beast. i pulled prolly top 10 off the line out of 70 guys. i had no problem flying through the sand or doing the hill climbs. i didnt win but i did finsih and i am feeling it today. :devil: overall i was more than please with my wr the only down size was the added weight of running a 3.4 acerbis tank during 25 mile loops and the fact the bike is heavery then a yzf. however having the electric start is nice when you tired! so i guess they all even out! oh and any one not running a steering stablizer.... you do not know what you are missing. i cant count on my hands how many times this thing saved me from crashing as well as saving my arms.

oh and how has a new gpr? what is point of turning it all the way to 8 clicks

Great story. Yesterday, I did my first enduro on my wr450. It was great having that power, especially going up the hills. A heavier bike makes for a smoother ride. But it also makes you more tired.

I did do a little soil sampling, but not too much. The dirt was really soft since it rained the day before. To top it off, I was on the 25th minute, so 100 riders chewed up the dirt before I got there. In the soft dirt, you have really got to stay on the gas or that bike feels like it weighs a ton.

I only did one loop of the enduro and I too am feeling it. I have got to build up my endurance.

I do alot of the desert races out there in California with my '05 WR. Overall it's a great bike for the semi serious racer but may be a bit too heavy for the super fast experts. The weight does take it's toll, especially in the gnarly tight stuff. But the e-button sure is greater when stuck on a hill or in the tight stuff.

The WR ain't that heavy, try putting a leg over a XR650R, that's a heavy bike, that's why a switched to a blue WR, suspension is great and lot's of power!!!! For desert or whatever the terrain!!

Do you really need the bigger tank for a twenty-five mile race?

Original post said 25 mile Loops, so im guessing it was more than 1 lap!! :devil:

Do you really need the bigger tank for a twenty-five mile race?

next race i wont have the larger tank. i will just run stock.