Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leget

Another "Will this fit" question. XR400 "can" on a 600

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm getting down to the last "bits and pieces" of my '90 XR600R project and I've been looking for a muffler/can/exhaust/silencer/thingy. I really don't like the way the stock exhaust looks (not to mention, I don't have one) and I'm looking for (budget) alternatives.

My question is, has anyone tried to fit an XR400 muffler on an XR600 (just the muffler part not the complete exhaust) I think it would look pretty good.

I know "anything will fit if you want it to bad enough", just curious if the one off the 400 will come close.

I've also considered trying one from a CRF450......

Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael

I wouldnt put a 400 muffler on the 600. I wouldnt worry about going the other way though. The 400 is anemic with the stock muffler. I cant even imagine what the 600 would be like try to breath through that thing.

I had no idea (I didn't even think about that)...but thanks, thats just the info I was looking for. :devil: The search continues......

I wouldnt put a 400 muffler on the 600. I wouldnt worry about going the other way though. The 400 is anemic with the stock muffler. I cant even imagine what the 600 would be like try to breath through that thing.