Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tcmII

Rekluse Clutch for '98 WR400

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a Rekluse Clutch for a '98 WR400 that they would like to part with?

My finances and the age to the bike keep me from buying a new Rekluse clutch and I'm no where near being able to buy a new bike, but I would really like to try one. I ride trails here in Michigan and to get the big beast through the single track is a lot of work. I rode with a guy last week who said all of the time he was behind me in the tight stuff the tire was just waiting to break loose or dragging.

just took a reckluse out of my 98 wr 400f ....nice in the woods...... but... my bike wears a plate and the old school clutch is better on the road. my bike is geared up and the recluse slips at low load/ low rpm. just like its suposed to. I stripped one of the 10 or 12 3mm end plate screws taking it out (I bought the bike with the recluse ,the bolts were over torqued ?) so it will need to be extracted ? the clutch has very few hours on it.I didnt like the "may fail causing the rear wheel to lock" for road use. call me 860 742 6229 mike

just took a reckluse out of my 98 wr 400f ....nice in the woods...... but... my bike wears a plate and the old school clutch is better on the road. my bike is geared up and the recluse slips at low load/ low rpm. just like its suposed to. I stripped one of the 10 or 12 3mm end plate screws taking it out (I bought the bike with the recluse ,the bolts were over torqued ?) so it will need to be extracted ? the clutch has very few hours on it.I didnt like the "may fail causing the rear wheel to lock" for road use. call me 860 742 6229 mike

Do you realize you responded to a two year old post?

And I agree, the old style Rekluse doesn't work too well on the 400's - too much slipping. I have one sitting on my bench waiting for someone to offer me a price I can't refuse.