HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NuckingFuts

WR426: What do you guys make of this?

7 posts in this topic

So my 02' WR426 has been in supermoto trim since the beginning of this year and has only been on the track. Yesterday I take out for a 120 mile road trip through the twisties. First 80 miles were GREAT! Then I noticed my vent hose (from the valve cover) is dripping white oil (it usually drips once or twice of normal oil after a stop)but only a few drops. Crap, Im thinking Ive got a blown seal somewhere and its letting in coolant/water. So I am forced to tiptoe back 40 miles before I can stop the bike.

I get home and pull the drain plug in anticipation of finding a big milky mess spewing from my case but the oil looked just fine. Not even slightly milky.

So, Im not sure what to make of the white milk from the vent hose. Excessive speed/rpm's from the faster ride? Blowin seal but a slow leak? Nothing to worry about?

What's your take? :devil:

I know a while back mine did the same thing and after changing the oil and finding it looked normal i just chocked it up to moisture condensation in the valve cover, cuz it never happend again.

Interesting that you say that b/c the morning weather was cold and foggy but as we got closer to the coast the moisture stayed in the clouds. Temps were in the 60's

So my 02' WR426 has been in supermoto trim since the beginning of this year and has only been on the track. Yesterday I take out for a 120 mile road trip through the twisties. First 80 miles were GREAT! Then I noticed my vent hose (from the valve cover) is dripping white oil (it usually drips once or twice of normal oil after a stop)but only a few drops. Crap, Im thinking Ive got a blown seal somewhere and its letting in coolant/water. So I am forced to tiptoe back 40 miles before I can stop the bike.

I get home and pull the drain plug in anticipation of finding a big milky mess spewing from my case but the oil looked just fine. Not even slightly milky.

So, Im not sure what to make of the white milk from the vent hose. Excessive speed/rpm's from the faster ride? Blowin seal but a slow leak? Nothing to worry about?

What's your take? :devil:

Dude, relax, normal condensation in the engine. You probably just got it hot enough to turn to steam and collect and vent finally. If there is air in your crankcase and you have humidity, you will have a small amount of water. The heat turned it into vapor. So the vent was doing its exact job! Now get back out there and run through the twisties! You big goof, you thought a Yamaha was going to break down??? :thumbsdn::thumbsdn: