HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mescalero

*XR650R* READY Pre oiled air filters..... any good ?

7 posts in this topic

anyone use these filters? I got my hands on a few, gratis, and I thought I'd give them a try while the Uni is being cleaned. Might be handy to keep one in my pack since they come pre oiled (with Maxima ) and in a little sealed bag. I figure they should be fine as long as i continue to grease along its edges and the airbox.

I'm just curious if there are any negatives to these filters running in the desert dust.

Are you referring to Ready Racing filters? If so yes they are great BUT I only use them with a PC Racing filter seal (no grease). Unfortunately PC has discontinued the product for the XR650 (or so they say) and with the exception of a few crappy glue jobs on some I recieved I don't know why. I really think they didn't sell enough which is sad because after using them for three or more years on my 650R, I think someone would have to be sick to continue using grease.

I posted on the subject a while back but I can't get the search engine to work. I did try NoToil on a Uni and almost sucked some dirt through. It's NEVER happened with a Ready.

Yup, thats the one. So what do you think about using them with a good grease around the edges (I use Bell Ray) ? I'm going to try them out on the LA-B-V...... or maybe the second stretch after my UNI clogs up.

i have re-used them on a few bikes with no problems.

should be able to clean it about 10-20 times.............

Yup, thats the one. So what do you think about using them with a good grease around the edges (I use Bell Ray) ? I'm going to try them out on the LA-B-V...... or maybe the second stretch after my UNI clogs up.

I would NEVER use one with grease and as I said before...without the PC Racing Pro-Seal. The Ready filter does not have the foam sealing surface like the OE, Uni and others. You will be asking for it! :devil:

FYI... Our Honda service rep has told us to NEVER use the ready racing filters. They just do not seal well. If you want to get a mildly cheaper alternative that is pre-oiled, buy a three pack of No-Toil filters. The No-Toil filters are the same filter as the OEM (which also come pre-oiled) but are less costly. The No-Toil oil is also the same oil as the Pro-Honda Biodegradeable Air Filter Oil.