HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreakCRF450

Pipe and gearing for 05

6 posts in this topic

Hi guyz

My friend has an 05 YZ450f ( 4 gears transmission ) he want to re-gear it for trails and dragging with friends...what is ur recommendations?

BTW..what is the stock gearing

Also looking for good powerful pipe...What is ur recommendations?

How do u like Jardine pipe?

thanks

I run 13/50 for trails, awesome for the tighter stuff, and not too bad for the open fire roads, the wr's always pull away a little on the open stuff, but thats to be expected, you'll nail them in the tight stuff with the weight factor.

Stock gearing is 14/51..........

I run a White bros E2 pipe and love the performance, apart from the initial fit its a great pipe.

13/50 is shorter than the stock 14/51...I want more top-end .... i want for open desert to be more accurate.

what about 15/51 ?

13/50 is shorter than the stock 14/51...I want more top-end .... i want for open desert to be more accurate.

what about 15/51 ?

15/51 is good. It will pull it no problem you will barely notice the loss off bottom. Any taller and first gear gets a little tall for the really tight stuff. I always tell people that my bike is not missing fifth gear it is missing first. :devil: