Brought home the little WR450F

Oh yea,

I know it's used but yea I am stoked.

All stock very good condition. Original owner been sitting for two years and a street plate.

This little Yamaha will never be the motorcycle my old ATK was but then again my ATK will never be as nibble or quick as the Yamaha.

The valves have never been adjusted, and I am thinking this might be one of the first things to do. Hand guards and a bigger tank follow along with pro taper bars and a new muffler.

It feels like Christmas in October.

There is a wealth of information at this site.

And I will reading if I am not riding.

:devil:

if you would have been reading before buying then you would have known that the 450x is a better bike. You are going to need to do a lot of stuff to that thing to make it as fast as a stock crf450x!!!

All that aside, good choice. I would be riding a yamaha if not a honda.

EXCUSE ME SHADYATBEST YOU MUST NOT LIKE YOUR HONDA TO MUCH TO BE POSTING IN THIS AREA.

?

Oh by the way just where will I find a Honda crf450 wide ratio for $3500 in very good condition with street plates from the original owner. :devil:

EXCUSE ME SHADYATBEST YOU MUST NOT LIKE YOUR HONDA TO MUCH TO BE POSTING IN THIS AREA.

?

Oh by the way just where will I find a Honda crf450 wide ratio for $3500 in very good condition with street plates from the original owner. ?

Alright than I did miss some of the reading.

But not the riding.

A quick refresher than shadyatbest.

The first owner weighs 140 lbs and I weigh 212 lbs.

So the rear suspension is way to soft.

And the front just a little.

If its been sitting for 2 years. your gonna need to do one hell of a carb cleaning job. When i picked up my WR it was sitting for like 1-2 months with bad gas in it and holy heck the jets were all plugged up like cement.

Oh yea,

I know it's used but yea I am stoked.

All stock very good condition. Original owner been sitting for two years and a street plate.

This little Yamaha will never be the motorcycle my old ATK was but then again my ATK will never be as nibble or quick as the Yamaha.

The valves have never been adjusted, and I am thinking this might be one of the first things to do. Hand guards and a bigger tank follow along with pro taper bars and a new muffler.

It feels like Christmas in October.

There is a wealth of information at this site.

And I will reading if I am not riding.

if you would have been reading before buying then you would have known that the 450x is a better bike. You are going to need to do a lot of stuff to that thing to make it as fast as a stock crf450x!!!

All that aside, good choice. I would be riding a yamaha if not a honda.

I was seriously thinking about buying the X after trying one out while riding in Baja last week. After going to the X Forum earlier I'll be keeping my WR. Too many words like "catastrophic failure", "transmission Seizure", and "three top ends in two years" in that forum.

??:excuseme:

I did not even know words like that existed until I read your post. Blue is better. :devil:

I was seriously thinking about buying the X after trying one out while riding in Baja last week. After going to the X Forum earlier I'll be keeping my WR. Too many words like "catastrophic failure", "transmission Seizure", and "three top ends in two years" in that forum.

??:excuseme:

I did not even know words like that existed until I read your post. Blue is better. :devil:

It's a little scary over there right now!! I was checking it before I came over here and for every story about how great the X is there's another one about someone blowing one up. The X is an awesome handling machine with a kick arse motor and it sounds like Honda is finally addressing the transmission failures by changing some parts mid year. I'll stick with Blue for another year, but if the aluminum framed model is a world beater.....I may well buy an '07.

Heard a rumor that Honda is dumping the "unicam" for a double cam setup that will be more reliable. Maybe they can fix the transmission problems at the same time. I still like blue. My WR400 has many many miles on it without any internal issues at all. I did dump the POS FLH carb.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your new purchase. I just bought an 06 that the owner broke his ankle during the maiden voyage. Now he can't work and needs money. His misfortune is my gain.

I'm coming from an adventure touring background. I'm now selling my KLR650 and will make the WR street legal. I have no intention to do long street rides. I usually ride back roads up to the mountains then ride mountain passes that are steep, slow and rocky. Or throw it in the back of the pick up and drive to Moab for some dirt trails, washes, etc. I'm so looking forward to the lighter weight, the higher revs, the wider ratio and the horsepower. This is gonna be FUN.

True...my buddy can't even ride his crf250x (with 1/3 the miles of mine) because it is already broke down with a little over 1k miles! Go do a search for "valves" in the Honda forum, you will be blown away by all the negative comments from Honda owners. Some are even talking like there should have been some sort of a recall because the valve lifespan is so short. After I read all the posts on all the forums I went with Yamaha. I like wrenching but I like riding better...