Pro Taper Bars?

So I fitted a pair of Pro Taper bars a few weeks back & seem to be getting much more vibration through my hands now. Thinking about filling the ends with silicone with sand in the middle. Anyone tried this or experienced the same after fitting these bars?

I have a little too much vibration as well. I've been thinking about trying Bar Snake.

Bullwinkle, you got Pro Tapers' on or the standard Renthal?

So I fitted a pair of Pro Taper bars a few weeks back & seem to be getting much more vibration through my hands now. Thinking about filling the ends with silicone with sand in the middle. Anyone tried this or experienced the same after fitting these bars?

Don't worry about the sand Beejay, just use silicone. It suprisingly makes a big difference.

Honestly, when I changed to Pro Tapers I couldn't feel a difference. I was too happy being able to stand straight without having to crouch forward. The silicone in the ends does make sense though, and it's not permanent so give it a try and let us know if it worked :devil:

I'd say try a steering damper but squirting silicone in the ends of your bars is way cheaper.

Bullwinkle, you got Pro Tapers' on or the standard Renthal?

Renthal.

:devil:

Honestly, when I changed to Pro Tapers I couldn't feel a difference. I was too happy being able to stand straight without having to crouch forward. The silicone in the ends does make sense though, and it's not permanent so give it a try and let us know if it worked :devil:

Thats what convinced me to change, the standing. I'm going to give it a try in a week or two, we're in shut down mode here & I'm working 12hr shifts 7 days a week. Give you some feedback soon.

I'm also going to trim about 20mm from each end.

Careful if you run bark busters on the tapers and you cut the bars... the mounts are designed to fit in one spot on the bars and if you narrow them, the mounts move towards the center and ther bars are bigger... may have to mod them to make 'em fit?!?!?

:devil: got that under contol, some hand filing & longer machine screws.

mine work fin with cut bars.......... 1.5cm from each side.......

Same vibe problem here, how did the silicon work out?

Cheers

Kem