07 shootout

I know the crew at Transworld well especially Donn M and i can tell you that they tell it like it is. They dont get any extras from giving props to a specific bike. Thats why they are the number one selling mx magazine.

Yeah it's already been posted, but who cares. I was shocked by the 2nd place bike. I really want to ride one now. I know this is just one pros opinion, but dang! I think it's hilarious that he ranked the Zuke last...especially since he rode it last year. :devil:

The article was just one man's opinion! But I do have to agree with him on most of his findings. I had the opertunity to ride a new yzf 450 on a small supercross type track, and I also felt like Ive been riding it all year, and from the seat of my pants, I felt faster on it than my tweeked 06 kawi. Yami definatly has a very good bike.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread. About that KTM rating in this oelhof review, i agree with it. I rode one 2 weekends ago and it is a VERY nice bike, electric start works flawlessly and it feels light on the track too. I don't know anyone with the YZF450 so i couldn't ride one. I'm hoping by 08 that maybe i'll be the one in my group with the yzf, thats if orange doesn't convince me otherwise. In the meantime i'm still lovin my 06 yz250F, just ordered a WB aluminum pro for it so that will keep me happy for another year. Well just commenting on the KTM guys, take it easy.

the tests are all over the place.

transworld and phil lawrence (racer X) gave the ktm the nod saying it was balanced with a great engine while MXA gave it last place saying it had a dissapointing motor and was out of whack.

but all agreed that the yami was a good bike.

what sold me was the test ride i took on the 07 yz450 at the dunes. i went and picked one up a week later.

I know the crew at Transworld well especially Donn M and i can tell you that they tell it like it is. They dont get any extras from giving props to a specific bike. Thats why they are the number one selling mx magazine.

I didn't know that. I thought for sure that MXA and Dirt Rider both smoked all the other mags out there... did you check circulation or just hear that somewhere?

Mike