ok i hear alot about it now how do I do it?

Before I get bashed search feature is down for past 2 nights. on my 06yz450f I hear everybody saying move forks down to 1st line yada yada. What 1st line and is this easy or a pain? anyone have a good article on how to to this? any help appreciated thanks

Very easy...you will be moving the forks up in the clamps not down. Loosen the four pinch bolts on each of the triple clamps..upper and lower and slide the forks up to the first line. Re-torque the bolts and enjoy...

what 1st line ? what line am I looking for?

the small indentions at the top of the fork tube, that are about 10mm (?) below the fork cap. MAKE SURE that both sides are EQUAL or your bike will handle like a flaming sack of poo on blocks! Just loosen the pinch bolts and slide the tubes upwards, very easy. While your at it, check your axle nut cause they work loose really easy. Dont over tighten it, its aluminum.

Once you loosen the fork and pull it up you will see the line.

Loosen top and bottom pinch bolts and raise the forks. Use a torgue wrench to tighten top at 14ftlbs and bottom at 17ftlbs or per torgue range in the manual

Loosen top and bottom pinch bolts and raise the forks. Use a torgue wrench to tighten top at 14ftlbs and bottom at 17ftlbs or per torgue range in the manual

flip-flop the torque setting 17 top and bottom 14..

flip-flop the torque setting 17 top and bottom 14..

Thanks DPW - too much coffee this am..........

And on that note, here's a picture of "the line" for you.

picture017fy5.jpg

Don't forget to re-seat/realign you forks once you have changed their positions on the triple clamps - i.e. once the triple clamps are tightened, loosen the axle & pinch bolts and bounce up & down on the forks to re-seat them so that they won't bind, then tighten the axle & pinch bolts back up to spec. You really should tighten the top triple clamps by itself, keep the lower clamp a little loose, re-seat the forks, then tighten the lower clamps, axle bolts & pinch bolts at the bottom.