Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huffa 2

What the heck are crash bobins on this 650R Motard ???

9 posts in this topic

I think they are the white dojigies on the end of the axles (F & R) but what do they do?

My guess would be to stop from churning down the axle ends in a slide and to help protect the lower fork leg and swingarm from damage also.

Am I close or way off as to what they are for?

The guy has them on here, at least I think that's what he is referring too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-XR-650R-Super-moto_W0QQitemZ290037984378QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9806QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

YEP, there sliders in event of a crash their supposed to protect the axles, fork tubes and swing arm from road rash.

Europeans have their own terminology, bobbins as in sewing thread spool, that is contained within a sewing machine.

Hey thanks ! :devil:

Is that a mandatory item that you must have for racing or it's totally optional? Just motards use them?

He also has a "high level front mud guard" on it. :thumbsdn: Why would you have that on a motard? I guess he means the skid plate.

YEP, thats the skid plate , or he may have a mud flap on the front fender.

sportbike whats that? I am looking at the Ducati multistrada, and also the buell ulysses, I am leaning towards the Ducati right now, I love their sound.Plus I have a local dealer, closest for buell is Alabama.

That's pretty much what they are used for. They work, too.

Sportbike guys use them mounted on the frames to protect the expensive fiberglass bodies.

If I did a lot of SM track days that would be my first investment.

the "high level front mudgaurd" is a shorty fender on the front. I think it just flaps around less and lets the headlight shine on the street a little better at night. Mostly styling in my opinion.

Hey thanks ! :devil:

Is that a mandatory item that you must have for racing or it's totally optional? Just motards use them?

He also has a "high level front mud guard" on it. :thumbsdn: Why would you have that on a motard? I guess he means the skid plate.

the "high level front mudgaurd" is a shorty fender on the front. I think it just flaps around less and lets the headlight shine on the street a little better at night. Mostly styling in my opinion.

OHHH, I understand now. Learn something every day! :devil:

Thank You !