HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daddyk

2001 Xr650

16 posts in this topic

Saw this on ebay Looks almost to good to be true.Could be good for anyone around Rhode Island.Item 320036354562 on ebay

Saw this on ebay Looks almost to good to be true.Could be good for anyone around Rhode Island.Item 320036354562 on ebay

Saw what????? Link please.

looking at the wear on the clutch cover, it looks like it was ridden quite a bit and they exchanged some plastics on it to keep it looking fresh. or maybe they kept the originals and raced it with aftermarkets? if you're going to decieve someone into thinking hte bike is low hours/use, buying a $75 clutch cover would seal the deal for a lot of people.

Being that there is a # plate on, I wonder if it was motox'ed a lot?

I sent the guy an email asking a few questions.

Don't know about you guys but for me, I'd rather have the stock forks on.

I'm also curious if the guy has any info on how everything is sprung and valved. That 1500 suspension may be just perfect for some and a total waste or a step back wards for his weight, speed and type of riding.

Does the rear fender looked cocked or is that just the angle of the picture?

Freakin Hondas.............for years I noticed that a lot of models come thru brand new with a rear fender off to one side or another, so it makes it tough to decider if one has a slightly tweaked subframe or the fender is just tweaked a bit :devil:

just to give you guys an idea i have an hour meter on my bike and it is at jsut about 31 hours and my clutch cover has about 1/3 of that wear. just food for thought i have seen some people rub the covers bare really quick while others don't. and if you ride in the mud alot that will make it happen alot quicker

just to give you guys an idea i have an hour meter on my bike and it is at jsut about 31 hours and my clutch cover has about 1/3 of that wear. just food for thought i have seen some people rub the covers bare really quick while others don't. and if you ride in the mud alot that will make it happen alot quicker

Good food for thought .......... :devil:

Also it does not have a a certificate of origin, so can't that turn in to a big hassle to get another? Don't you have to backtrack to the original owner or the 2nd guy to get one then? :thumbsdn: Seems like a pain, maybe not??

If the guy gives you the serial #, is it possible to trace it thru the dealer or state so you know it is not stolen before the ebay sale is over with?

:thumbsdn: I think I'd rather pay more and have a perfect bike with no hassles

Saw what????? Link please.

...and if you ride in the mud alot that will make it happen alot quicker

The bike is for sale in Rhode Island. I am guessing they probably have a lot of mud there... my two cents.

Like I posted earlier, if I didn't already have four bikes in the garage I would have clicked "Buy It Now" about 20 minutes after I saw it.

$2k. Holy guano, Batman. You could part the freaking bike for more than that.

if you're going to decieve someone into thinking hte bike is low hours/use, buying a $75 clutch cover would seal the deal for a lot of people.

True, but this guy has a 97.5% feedback rating on 90 transactions. He doesn't appear to be the deceiver type... imho.

[i am not picking on you, texsurfer, just thinking out loud :devil: ]

Sorry... I thought about that # the second time I read it. (at work and speed reading the post)

The guy weighs 150lbs and he says it feels great to him so that means for anyone that is say out of the 140-160 range the thing should probably be resprung and revalved so your slapping around 4-500 just to get the suspension in the ballpark again. Maybe a bit less but probably more although it could be less but then again I'd say most definitly more but ................