HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pbguy16

Tweeked Plastics?

7 posts in this topic

I just ordered a new set of ltd edition yellow plastics from Acerbis and the front fender is kinda tweeked and i am really anal about stuff like that. is there any way to get it to go straight? Mabe a hair drier to add heat???

any suggestions would be great. thanks..

seth

06 yz 450

I have used fender washers from the local hardware store and used them as shims between the fender and lower triple clamp. Don't put them on all four bolts, just the one or two that will make the fender tweek the back the correct way. I'm sorta anal about that kind of stuff as well, plus I like my fender pointing to where I'm headed.

heat gun or a microwave (it would have to be a pretty freaking big microwave though... :devil: ) or just send it back and have them send u a new one....

My new front fender can tweeked too, was sorta pissed for being brand new. I did what yamahacrazy did, but I put some blocks between the tire and bottom fender and tweeked it more the opposite direction and heated it up and let it sit overnight.

every aftermarket fender I have ever bought has been tweaked a bit..

agreed - this absolutely drives me crazy too.....try a heat gun!