HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mperry70

XR650L Fuel Screw Replacement

4 posts in this topic

Anybody know of a replacement fuel screw for the carb on this bike. The cap on my screw is missing so I can't adjust it. There is only a thin shaft sticking down. Went to the Honda shop and the fiche does not even list the part.

Has anyone replaced theirs? If I can't do it I'll have to resort to JB Welding on something I can turn it with.

I would imagine that the cap was removed so it could be adjusted. Due to smog regs the screw has a cap that prevents richer than stock settings. It was removed so it could be made richer.

One simple thing to do is to cut a little slot into the end with a Dermel tool and a cutoff disc. Cut the slot so you can use a small flat blade screwdriver on it. Otherwise leave it alone and use some pliers.

Solution,

The screw takes a 2mm allen wrench. I cut an allen wrench to about 3/4" and JB Welded it to the screw. I'll let you know if it holds.