Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terez

XR600 footpegs/plastic

3 posts in this topic

My 90 XR600R footpegs are very small and narrow.

Are the later yrs XR footpegs bigger/wider?

If so what yr to order from Honda and will the later yrs fit my bike?

I also am going to buy new plastic for this 90 XR600R.

Is ALL XR600R plastic the same?

The aftermarket all lists 88 to 2000 the same aside from color but Honda part #'s are all different.

I know the earlier XR600R's had a different muffler and airbox which may affect things as the side plastic mounts to both of these.

Or do the mounting locations remain the same despite the different muffler and airbox?

Thanks

Thanks

My 90 XR600R footpegs are very small and narrow.

Are the later yrs XR footpegs bigger/wider?

If so what yr to order from Honda and will the later yrs fit my bike?

I also am going to buy new plastic for this 90 XR600R.

Is ALL XR600R plastic the same?

The aftermarket all lists 88 to 2000 the same aside from color but Honda part #'s are all different.

I know the earlier XR600R's had a different muffler and airbox which may affect things as the side plastic mounts to both of these.

Or do the mounting locations remain the same despite the different muffler and airbox?

Thanks

Thanks

You will have to go aftermarket for the wider footpegs. I think all the XR600 pegs are pretty much the same narrow ones.

It's common for Honda part numbers to change from year to year, even though the parts are in fact interchangeable. I'm pretty sure that the 87 and earlier bikes have different mounting for the plastics.

My 95 is the same, my friends 98 is small also. I replaced mine with TUSK offroad pegs, from rocky mountain MC/ATV they are GREAT and only 60 bucks! Get Some...