HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaelschorpp

Question on 15:45 gearing for XR600

5 posts in this topic

I recently changed my XR600 sprockets to 15:45 from 15:48 (stock is 14:48). I use my bike for dual-sporting and the bike is much nicer to ride on the street now. I would like to keep the 45 tooth rear and switch to a 13 or 14 tooth frontsprocket when I do serious off-road stuff. What is the recommended chain length (108 or 110 links)for this setup?

Someone here on TT originally suggested this idea to me years ago.

Mike.

Ok, I did 14 (stock) front, and 42 rear because I ride mine (supermotoed) on the street 99% of the ride time. I may do the same thing as you, go to a 13 counter if I want to do some quicker accel or dirt riding but I think I wouldn't do anything to the chain because I could still adjust it with the 13 and the adjusters....what r u trying to do? taking one tooth off the front or adding 1 tooth is like a change of 3 in the rear, so by going from 14~48 to 15~45 your final drive didn't change from stock. Now, if you go to 14~45, it would be like stock less three teeth in the rear....higher than stock therefore quicker but less topend. I did 15~42 and went from 90 on top end to 102 or so top end.