HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greco

Update on new 426 headpipe -

2 posts in this topic

OK, on my 2000 YZ426F, I got the new headpipe from GreenKLX (thanks again!) and I installed it with a new Yoshimura RS3 off road slip on muffler unit. Started the bike and could not believe how much engine noise I was hearing with the new system in place. I haven't had it checked for db's but I would guess <96db's.

The system I took off is a full WB E series running 10 discs with a db killer in place. It is now on the shelf waiting for a new home. Too loud for the forest. If you race MX or HS where sound is not an issue (I know, its always an issue) its a good unit. I would guess that its close to 100db's. It can be repacked, but I have not done it. That will help with the db's.

Now, I'm sure you all want a ride report and I would love to give you one, but the jetting is now way off. I'm out 7-8 turns on the fuel screw, so that's not good. It does feel like it has more low end and just a twitch less on the top. For the riding that I do, the slight loss on the top is no big deal. Once I get it jetted (JD kit?) I will update again.