HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dick757

Hate my Dakar Kit

13 posts in this topic

Anyone else had problems with theres

Ever since I got the thing it has been nothing but problem

Went through 3 rear brake sensors, and I only get 3 days out of each

The left rear blinker was not even wired properly and had to strip the wires to re join it

The circuit board is gone, leaving me with no headlight

Battery keeps going dead even after a charge

Key is sticking in the ignition

horn works very poorly

and wires keep coming loose

Yes I had this hooked up properly by a well established and very trustworthy tech

They are good about warranty, but it is a hassel fixxing stuff every week

I ride it 95% on the road and in the daylight

Just wondering what you all think

Had the Dakar kit on a used bike I bought. After several months of fighting it I went wiht a BD kit. All kits however seem to have their weaknesses, I was just frustrated with the tech department.

I have built a Baja kit out of their old harnesses and peiced it together as they stopped making a total kit for my bike. Mine works great, never a problem whasoever. I will however go to an Acerbis Cyclops instead of the Diamond I now have for more light when I up-grade the stator. When you say rear brake sensors, what areyou talking about? I have a switch for the brakes but no sensors, except for the little magnetic one for the Trailtech speedo.

I am of course brain farting on the name

But it is the piece you screw into your rear ??? brain fart again, ummm

Anyway, it screws in by the rear lever and it is a presure sensor that lets the rear brake light go on

Cripes I hate the brain fart

And the link is

www.electrosport.com

I am of course brain farting on the name

But it is the piece you screw into your rear ??? brain fart again, ummm

Anyway, it screws in by the rear lever and it is a presure sensor that lets the rear brake light go on

Cripes I hate the brain fart

And the link is

www.electrosport.com

ya call it a brake light switch....they make them as a replacement for the stock brake banjo bolt, everybody has them but BD and Al McGlaghlins 4 strokes only has them for 20 bucks...I got one, it works great but since I never use the back brake I put it in the front master...I ride mine Supermto on the street,,,thats why no rear brake.

This is not the first thread about this...........I think the quality must have gone bad. There has been several people complaning of this. I don't think it's a fluke.

Sorry if I started another thread

I am still fairly new and have only had my BRP for a few months

I am not happy and if they don't fix my problem I will end up making my own kit

I just got this one for ease and time saving as I wanted it on the road that day

Live and Learn

The kit looks OK, but performs poorly

The more that tell about this junk maybe less will have to go through what you have! The more threads about junk the better!

I have had my Electrex Dakar kit on my XRR for 1.5 years and it works.

It only works because I fix it regularly. I am not that happy with the quality and it was a pain to install, because the wires were all mixed up. They apologized and sorted me out. I would not buy one again, but I don't know if the BD is any better. :devil:

I am still not happy

been waiting to 2 weeks plus now for the new board

They told me they sent it out

Have the kit and coil.Headlight is dim,I paid to have headlight rebuilt but didnt help.I think itsb the coil.900 later still cant ride at night