HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dobbo

oil checks wr450 06

11 posts in this topic

Hey i just bought a wr 450f and when checking the oil it gives me a low reading I just picked it up from the shop.

Is there a special trick to checking the cause i am new to owning a bike.

Read your manual: there you will read, first turn on your bike; let it run for a while, then check your oil... (if you did not turn it on first you will get a low reading)

regards,

pHreaC

i tried to check my oil for the first time the other day and when i unscrewed the dipstick oil started running out. does this mena there's too much oil in?

should i let some out incase it blows a seal or something?

i tried to check my oil for the first time the other day and when i unscrewed the dipstick oil started running out. does this mena there's too much oil in?

Yup, there's too much oil. You should drain some oil out.

And make sure you turn the bike off before checking your oil.

i can say if u changed the oil yourself the first time you prpbably forgot to drain the oil tank. i made the same mistake until i read the manual..

i just bought the bike and the person i bought it from had just changed the oil. he must have put way to much in.

what's the quickest way to get it down to the proper level? could i just undo any of the drainage bolts and let a little out at a time?

I would be on the safe side and drain all the oil and replace with new oil and oil filter as you never know what oil is in there right now. :devil:

i know for a fact it's got new oil and filter in as he was busy doing it the first time i went to see the bike. just a shame he couldn't be bothered to finish the job!