2001 Yzf426 Left Me Stranded!

My yzf426 is sitting out in the weather as I am writing this. Yesterday I went down and was unable to get the bike started again. I thought it was the spark plug "again" but it turns out the bike does'nt have any spark. After spending an 1 1/2 on the trail working on it, I had no option but to leave it.

I was told by a freind that went riding with me that those bikes are known for shering the key on the flywheel which would result in no spark. We also traced all the wires.

Does anyone have any other ideas about what might of gone wrong?

I plan to go back in 2 weeks to get it. Who knows, it may be gone by the time I get back there. We hid it the best we could!

Thanks for the offer. It is just a bad time for me to get away. I just hope someone does'nt get there before I do.

I plan on selling the bike if I get it back. So if you know of anyone that wants a good deal on a 2001 YZF426 never raced, skid plate, Clarke tank, pro tapers, rear disc gaurd, white brother exhaust, 10 oz. flywheel weight, radiator gaurds, and in great shape beside why it will not start please let me know. I bought the bike from a friend 1 1/2 years ago that had only ridden it 3 times and I have only ridden it maybe 8 times on trails only.

After last weekend I have decided it is time for a button bike.

Thanks for the offer. It is just a bad time for me to get away. I just hope someone does'nt get there before I do.

I plan on selling the bike if I get it back. So if you know of anyone that wants a good deal on a 2001 YZF426 never raced, skid plate, Clarke tank, pro tapers, rear disc gaurd, white brother exhaust, 10 oz. flywheel weight, radiator gaurds, and in great shape beside why it will not start please let me know. I bought the bike from a friend 1 1/2 years ago that had only ridden it 3 times and I have only ridden it maybe 8 times on trails only.

After last weekend I have decided it is time for a button bike.

Id like to hear why this wouldnt start....My 426 hasnt let me down yet...Keep us posted.

Dude, your crazy for thinking that your bike will still be there after two weeks. I hope you hid the bike real good, and in a place were people don't ride much. There's got to be somebody that could go get the bike for you, sh!t like yogist said, there are plenty of people here who would help you out for the cost of a cold beer. good luck ?

I hid the bike pretty good. I think you would either have to be on foot or know where it was at to find it. It is about 10 miles in. By the looks of the trail we were on it did'nt look like anyone had been on it in a long time.

Oh well, like I told my wife things happen. It is part of riding.

I had a XR400 (old yeller) that never left me stranded that I sold for the YZF. Only if it was 50 lbs lighter.

I will keep everyone posted what the outcome is.

Thanks

I hid the bike pretty good. I think you would either have to be on foot or know where it was at to find it. It is about 10 miles in. By the looks of the trail we were on it did'nt look like anyone had been on it in a long time.

Oh well, like I told my wife things happen. It is part of riding.

I had a XR400 (old yeller) that never left me stranded that I sold for the YZF. Only if it was 50 lbs lighter.

I will keep everyone posted what the outcome is.

Thanks

Its deer season.....Theres hunters out all over the place.... ?

Dude go get your bike!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of shape is it going to be in after two weeks in the rain? If it wouldn't start then the weather is not going to help it. Besides didn't they changed to spline drive shaft in 01 werses the key drive shaft they had in 00 ? GO GET YOUR BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats crazy...2 weeks, i would have had a buddy pull me with a tow strap all the way back to camp. we almost had to leave my brothers quad out in the mountains..cause we were about 20 miles out from camp and he blew up the main bearing for the rear axle....being hte nice brother i am, i 4 wheeled my 2wd silverado all the way too it......sheesh ,the things i do for him and he never even said thank you..lol, oh yea, GO GET UR BIKE!!!!! thats why u get 2 weeks paid vacation plus sick leave.....!!!!!

Update! After reading all the post I started to feel quilty so I called a couple of buddies and only one was available on Tuesday. We thought long and hard whether or not just the two of us could rescue the bike. We ended up borrowing a Grizzly 700 4wd quad which had all the bells and whistles.

Oh by the way the bike was up near Lake Isabella on the Erskin Creek Trail. We got there today around 7:00 am and by 11:30am the bike was in the back of my truck. I ended up breaking my foot today after the 600 LB quad fell on my foot. I had xrays tonight and all they would say is that there are several fractures. I will being seeing a Ortho. tomm. Oh well s--- happens.

Thanks for all your support.

I know have to figure out why the bike left me stranded.

glad to hear u got the bike back, unfortuatly at the cost of ur foot though. well at least now ull have plenty of time hanging out (most likly sitting in a chair) in the garage drinking some motivating juice and figuring out the problem. keep us posted.