HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
5Rs

lowering a '01 WR426 for my wife?

5 posts in this topic

Theres a possiblility that a Yamaha WR426 will be available for sale so my wife can go riding with me. But I need to know if I can lower the rear end easily for her to be able to reach the ground safely. I know that I can raise the forks in the triple clamps. There is a company Mountain Motor Sports offering a lowering link for '02-06 WRs. But the 426 is not listed.

Does anyone know of a company that might offer something like a lowering link for an '01 WR426? I don't want to shorten the shock if I don't have to, as she will get better at riding and might be raising the bike again.

Thanks for the info. I showed wifey and shes digging it.

hey there 5Rs, It would be great to have a ride report after you get this mod done ...... been thinking about this myself ..... it's just not in the budget right now, bummer .....

I'm only 5'9" and this is waht I did to my WR400 so that I could reach better and kick start on hills etc. While you have your suspension apart it's worth the little extra to make sure you're using the correct springs, front and back, for your weight. It made a HUGE difference (I'm 240 with gear) and set your sag properly.

I LOVE IT!!!

Spid, if you're anywhere near Austin, TX It's definitley worthwhile to get Lampmann to set up your suspension. Check out

www.texasoffroad.net

He does alot of folks' rides around teh Austin area, and races the STORM series. Great customer service, and he'll come out to the track / trails with you to fine tune your settings at no extra cost.

Good luck all

BM.