Ciao from Italy

See you tomorrow for the pics of my bike.

NO! TODAY! TODAY! TODAY!!! :censored:

You make the transformations......................also the sum, but..............don’t say it to me.................please............:ride:

Thanks......that is less that I thought :censored:

See you tomorrow for the pics of my bike.

Can't wait :lol:

NO! TODAY! TODAY! TODAY!!! :lol:

:ride:

Thanks......that is less that I thought :censored:.....

Unfortunately I don't remember the cost of the front braking system (about over 500 euros) and I have omitted the plastics costs because I must change them with others in carbon fibre (2007 modifications.....), for these and other modifications see you later..........:applause:

Ciao to everybody, finally after over two months of modification pictures, here to you the pics of my bike finished.

Actually I have not mounted all the details shown in the previous pages, this is only a version in preview.

This year I’ll finish it with other new modifications, for now be satisfied with these images.

Rebelventurer, I have not been able to arrive to 275 lbs, with the new modifications I hope to reach us (and exceed them).

tt01.jpg

tt02.jpg

tt03.jpg

tt04.jpg

tt05.jpgtt06.jpg

tt07.jpgtt08.jpg

tt09.jpgtt10.jpg

Marchesini wheels with new brakes, Brembo front, Braking rear.

tt11.jpgtt12.jpg

Free radiators and air shock absorber.

tt13.jpgtt14.jpg

Silencier G.P.R. and chain shifting for the widest wheel.

tt15.jpgtt16.jpg

FMF header pipe with new Keihin FCR 41 and front master cylinder Brembo.

tt17.jpgtt18.jpg

New cut of the rear mudguard and the temporary plate support.

See you later. Piero

Piero, AWESOME, :applause:

Are you replacing all plastics with carbon fiber?

Once again your methodic documentation of this project, is second to none! I hereby nominate you for the prestigous TT award of thread of the year for 2006. All your time and efforts deserves this recognition. If anyone else feels this way please pm the moderator, and owner, this kind of effort needs to be recognized, applauded and rewarded. (other than the fact that he gets to ride the bike).

Now then mods for 2007? Titanium bolts? A smaller led rear tail light? Looking at the pictures you posted, makes you want to drill the back half of the front fender and side panels to match the radiator shrouds? I have no doubt in my mind thhat you will reach and exceed 275 lbs! The wheels are absolutely trick, awesome. I had doubts about them but they are an exclamation mark! The front brake system looks scary strong.

Once again THANKS Piero, Awesome job.

Ciao, Martin aka Rebelventurer

:ride::moon::lol::ride::applause::eek::applause::ride::bonk::mad::p:censored:

Nice work Piero :ride: .

You can lose another 4 oz (120 gm) by removing the two piece counter sprocket cover. :censored:

Ciao, it looks as though you are running an FCR off of a 450 rather than a 41mm FCR, Why? Bike looks great, love the inverts.

Is that the new dirt FCR?

Very good work :ride: I'd guess the airbox weighs quite a lot :censored::lol:

All I gotta say is 'DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGG!'

I haven't been following this thread, but I wish I had been.

Also, I kind of wish Honda would import the XR650 from over there, to over here... Electric start and buddy pegs (and the SM option) would be kind cool at times.

......Once again your methodic documentation of this project, is second to none! I hereby nominate you for the prestigous TT award of thread of the year for 2006. All your time and efforts deserves this recognition. If anyone else feels this way please pm the moderator, and owner, this kind of effort needs to be recognized, applauded and rewarded. (other than the fact that he gets to ride the bike).....

Thank you Martin..................:lol:

......Are you replacing all plastics with carbon fiber?.......Now then mods for 2007? Titanium bolts? A smaller led rear tail light? Looking at the pictures you posted, makes you want to drill the back half of the front fender and side panels to match the radiator shrouds? I have no doubt in my mind thhat you will reach and exceed 275 lbs!.......

Yes, I have just bought the mudguards the scoops and other parts in carbon fiber and my drill is ready, it does not see the time..............furthermore many titanium bolts, new brakes spacer, new rear brake, a different swing arm, a different exhaust system, a new and minimalist graphic and other little things that you will see later.................also I hope to exceed the 275 lbs. :censored:

......You can lose another 4 oz (120 gm) by removing the two piece counter sprocket cover.....

Yes Miguel, I will remove its.

Is that the new dirt FCR?

Ciao roadrunner, There is a misunderstanding, when I wrote “with new Keihin FCR 41” , I don’t mean the new model of Keihin, but new carburettor for the bike.

Now, do you understand?

.....I'd guess the airbox weighs quite a lot ......

..........:applause:............airbox is designed to be put on a shelf.

All I gotta say is 'DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGG!'......

............DANG?.............:ride:

Translation for "Dang" = Awesome or Fantastic or Holy smokes, Understand?

Ciao, Martin

Translation for "Dang" = Awesome or Fantastic or Holy smokes, Understand?

Ciao, Martin

Ok Martin, now I understand. :censored:

Thank you. Piero

Ciao Garth Knight, I considered Joey Dunlop a big man and then a very great racer, with a big heart.

I miss him very much.

Joey had the longest running helmet deal with ARAI, and he was the only factory Honda rider who didn't have to sign a contract, a handshake was good enough. VERY BIG COJONES for sure :censored:

Tank comparison

comparazione_serbatoi.jpg

Aluminium tank on left and stock tank on right

As you can see, the first is much narrower, the guide position becomes moved forward, for a better control and use more entertaining of the bike.

:censored:

Very nice Piero

:ride::lol::applause:

Are there any plans on going into the engine? If so keep updated? :censored:

....Are there any plans on going into the engine? If so keep updated?.....

Ciao Triple B, problably I will lighten the flywheel (about 0,5 lbs), I will make new header pipe and I will use a new air-box (home made), for the engine is enough.

Now I am engaged with a new swing-arm and new brake spacers.

Piero

All up how much lighter is the complete new front end,what is the weight difference between the old front end and the new?
From the new front end I have lost about 4kg (8.8lbs).

I'm also interested in the weight difference between the stock front end and the CRF450 setup. 8.8lbs? Hmmm...