HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blade Man

Fuel mileage? 650 R

8 posts in this topic

Just bought an 06 650 R and opend it up a little. went to 172 Main, 68 slow, removed restrictor from intake, opend up air box and drilled out exaust tip. :p:bonk:

However I rode 55 miles and had to hit reserve. then I had to lay it over on its side to get it home. 69 miles total aprox. slightly less than a quart of fuel left. Is that average gas mileage for these mods? or have I done something wrong? :thumbsup:

Maybe I just need a desert tank? :lame:

Please let me know if this is normal. I would much rather buy a desert tank then set out to fix a prob that isn't there!!!

Thats been my exprience. I'm jetted a little lower on the mains however. I've got 2 of them, one is dual sported(stock tank) and the other has the desert tank. I thiink ultimately it depends on how you ride. I just did 120 miles dual sporting on my stock tank bike. I was using the exact same criteria(55mp tank because that has been my experience)to plan my fuel stops. I seemed to have gotten a little better than that in the end. Most of our time was 70mph county roads mixed with 95mph dirt fire roads :thumbsup: .

Go figure.