HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SALTY

RATTLING UNDER ACCELERATION

9 posts in this topic

chain slap from the guide dont let it worry you... Adjust the chain to spec and do a search on "chain guide"

Just when I didn't pay attention to that annoying chain slap noise anymore, I saw that the chain guide was wearing into the top of my swing arm (thanks to motoman393). I glued a piece of inner tube to the top of the swing arm to protect it and bolted the chain guide back on. No more chain slap either. I'm guessing another few hundred miles and there would have been a hole in the swingarm.

yes but how does your APJ work motoman?

or am i too technical for ya :)

Taffy

Originally posted by Taffy:

yes but how does your APJ work motoman?

or am i too technical for ya :)

Taffy

just have a look at this site. Its very comprehensive and well researched.

www.lifenet.com/brm/carbkei.htm

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: DOC ]

doc

i wrote the manual!

motoman has had an e-mail from me asking him if the BK mod CAN squirt after the first, initial and brief one of .3 seconds. i don't think it can. but i need someone who has checked it out to tell me. i would expect motoman to know.

unfortunately i don't have the mk2 carb so i can't find out for myself.

does anyone else know?

Taffy

Originally posted by Taffy:

doc

i wrote the manual!

motoman has had an e-mail from me asking him if the BK mod CAN squirt after the first, initial and brief one of .3 seconds. i don't think it can. but i need someone who has checked it out to tell me. i would expect motoman to know.

unfortunately i don't have the mk2 carb so i can't find out for myself.

does anyone else know?

Taffy

ha! that doesn't surprise me one bit! bet you laughed to youself when you read my last post.

looking at my carb, i don't see how it could squirt again after the inital pump, since its all mechanical, but if it was injected.......

im not sure why anyone would need to have it pump again after the inital throttle snap. my understanding is the engine sees a large amount of air when the slide suddenly opens, and therefore needs the extra fuel to prevent the engine from leaning out and stopping.