HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lirider75

New 06' runs like sh..!

6 posts in this topic

I have know idea what to do any more. Brought it to the dealership at least 4 times. Sorry 2 say I`m not that smart when it comes to this. My yamaha yfz450 misses,pops,and stalls all the time.This is with no mods!!!!! Any help would be very greatfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a quad since you say YFZ?...or did you mean YZ/F..ill assume YZ/F.

Dude, find a new dealer, obviously your dealer knows nothing. either your jetting is off, or your valves need adjusted...also, if there was gas in the carb for awhile, it might be gummed up, so you might have to clean your jets...its not that hard man. but good luck.

My 06 YZ popped, blurbled, & liked to stall until I fattened up the pilot jet ( I think I installed a 48 ) & now it runs great!!

I have know idea what to do any more. Brought it to the dealership at least 4 times. Sorry 2 say I`m not that smart when it comes to this. My yamaha yfz450 misses,pops,and stalls all the time.This is with no mods!!!!! Any help would be very greatfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to rejet it.....it is way too lean and the air/fuel screw needs adjustment -

buy a 45 and 48 pilot jet and a 165,168,170 mainjet and a Adj fuel screw.....you will need to get smarter on jetting and adjusting the fuel screw in order to get your bike to run right.....do a search on both here for this forum

start with the 45pj and 168mj and just under 2 turns out on the fuel screw