IMS oversized tanks...Fit?

I've heard some folks complain about the fit of the IMS tanks. Just wondering if this is the case with everyone that's bought one or is it just a few isolated instances?

The screw on the back of the tank that the seat hooks onto is a little far back on mine. about an 1/8 of an inch or so. Making it a bitch to get the seat bolts to line up in the rear. Alot of pushing and cussing! But it looks and feels a whole lot better than those ugly Clarke or Acerbis tanks!

I have an IMS tank on both of my WR's and they fit great. Highly recommend them.

Good, thanks for the info. I wanted to use IMS but was worried when I saw a few negative reports.

I have one of those tanks that came with my bike when I bought it. It fits well but I haven't used it yet. I am concerned because it comes so close to the exhaust manifold and actually touchs the valve cover on each side. Also it puts the petcock lower than the carb. Do you guys think I should be concerned about these things. I don't think it will melt (not that close) but I wonder about boiling the gas. I really like to use it for some hare scrambles. Sorry to jack your thread.

+1 on the IMS. I have a Clarke and I rarely use it unless I absolutely have to for a hare scramble or enduro. I use the stocker for most everything else. On a trailride I can get 45-50 miles out of it. I would trade the Clarke for an IMS in a heartbeat.