Best way to sell bike

I'd suggest local newspapers and auto classifieds.

I'm not a big fan of ebay, having to get it shipped, not being able to actually see and run the bike.

Sold and bought all my bikes so far using Tri-ads, Autotrader or newspaper classifieds.

Be Careful! I asked a similar question the other day wondering aloud if I should part or keep my XR650R and a moderator deleted the whole thread today because it "was too much like a for sale ad" ?:lame:

Anyways, I was thinking about advertising it on here but will probably go the eBay route....

Cycle Trader, Ebaby and Craigslist get my votes.

I sold an intake manifold on Craisgslist on the weekend. First time I used them for buying or selling. I put the ad sat morn, and it was picked up by sat 5pm. And its free to use, so worth a try. The buyer lived 10min from me.

Good luck ?

I just got an offer from someone in a foriegn country to buy all three bikes. He is giving me selling price plus an extra $3000 for shipping. This makes me kina nervous! I'm used to people coming to my house and scrutnizing and riding bike before buying! Anyone ever have offer from foriegn country?

Thanks

Jeff

Well, make sure you have the money before you ship. Lots of scams out there with people buying foreign stuff. Like you send the bikes and they feed you bullshit about paying and then never do. I read somewhere about a bunch of scams with people buying stuff from foreign countries.

Be really careful.... As long as you get the money (dont let him tell you, get a bank to tell you)

Try to get as much information from his as possible. Name, address, phone number...

I dont know.

IMO it sounds like a scam, the fact that he's buying all three bikes, and paying 3 grand extra for shipping... seems almost too good to be true...

I just got an offer from someone in a foriegn country to buy all three bikes. He is giving me selling price plus an extra $3000 for shipping. This makes me kina nervous! I'm used to people coming to my house and scrutnizing and riding bike before buying! Anyone ever have offer from foriegn country?

Thanks

Jeff

S C A M ?

those overseas things are a total scam... they all have some stupid excuse why they will need to cut you a check for 6000 more then you want for the bike and some crap. i don't know how it actually works but dont' care to ever findout. i would report whomever that guy is to the ebay people

<<i don't know how it actually works but dont' care to ever findout>>

This is a very old scam. A person from a foreign country wants to buy your bike and they want to pay you "extra" for your troubles. They will pay with a money order or cashier's check. The payment will bounce, but they are very good forgeries and they will be long gone before the payment bounces. RUN AWAY from the offer, do not even answer it...